Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for outstanding candidates to join our offshore structural analysis team based in central Edinburgh. We are looking for candidates from Senior Engineer to Principal Engineer level. As a member of our team, you will be using advanced non-linear finite element assessment methods to assess existing offshore structures for the purposes of brownfield development, asset management, life extension and decommissioning. Within the offshore wind sector, you will have the opportunity to head the winning and delivery of our global portfolio of projects including concept and detailed design.
· Responsible for heading teams of engineers to deliver the design and analysis for a variety of offshore structures in both the oil & gas and offshore wind industries
· Ability to plan, develop, run, and report on complex analysis models using a range of analysis packages
· Responsible for guiding and mentoring junior engineers
· Working on both the assessment of existing offshore assets and new design projects depending on the business requirements. This is a varied role and will include everything from hand calculations to linear and non-linear finite element analysis.
· Working with others to identify and develop new technical methodologies
· Communicating and maintaining client relationships
· Managing own cost and time targets to deliver an efficient, high calibre engineering service
· Prepare the associated clear, concise, high-quality reports
· Working in a team of very experienced engineers to execute projects
· Opportunity to develop capabilities in line with the requirements of the Kent career paths
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Strong logical background and a desire to develop in the field of structural engineering and analysis.
· Working on multiple fast-paced projects, balancing the need for high-quality design and evaluation with the need to deliver within required time and cost budgets.
· Ideally Chartered (ICE, IMechE, IStructE etc), or actively working towards chartership.
· Drive safe and efficient delivery of technically stimulating projects.
· Can provide training and mentoring to junior engineers.
· Experience of offshore structural design and analysis.
· Linear and non-linear FEA experience in DNV SESAM, USFOS and ABAQUS or other comparable software package is preferred.
· Technical understanding of environmental wave loading is preferred.
· Building and maintaining client relationships, with a view to winning more work. Contributing to successful proposals and tenders.
· Day to day operational support to client engineers including representing the company at meetings, production of deliverables and presentations.
· Ability to support winning work from new and existing clients, through clear and professional communications.
· Experience of applying appropriate quality assurance and reporting.