Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent are looking for outstanding candidates to join our Offshore Wind structural design and analysis team within our Engineering and Consulting Services business. We are looking for Senior candidates of all levels from Engineer to Principal Engineer.
As a member of our team, you will lead the winning and delivery of our global portfolio of projects through various levels of development (conceptual, FEED and detailed design projects) for major offshore wind assets, together with developing innovative solutions for repair and upgrades.
This position provides the opportunity for a passionate individual to contribute to the growing renewables sector, actively helping to combat climate change.
In the role you will be responsible for leading teams of engineers to deliver design scopes for a variety of offshore wind projects. You will require a strong understanding of stress analysis and structural analysis, and the ability to plan, develop, run, and report on complex analysis models using a range of analysis packages. You will be also be responsible for guiding and mentoring junior engineers.
Kent is a fast paced, innovative, and exciting environment to develop your career, that offers excellent opportunity to work on global offshore wind projects with exciting opportunities for technical and personal development. The right individual will play a key part in maintaining our best in class reputation and be part of an integrated team.
Traditionally, our capability has been UK-centric; however, in recent years we have secured a global presence in France, Germany, Taiwan, China, Japan, Ireland and the US. The ever-changing conditions of Offshore Wind Industry means we need individuals who can adapt, change and thrive when working in dynamic environments. Our global opportunities and innovation initiatives will allow you to excel and build upon your strengths as we continue our growth into existing and exciting emerging markets.
Our Engineering and Consultancy Services business is delivering engineering, design and consultancy solutions to the renewables, low carbon, and oil and gas sectors all over the world. Although your role will focus on the offshore wind market, you may also be called upon to support projects in other markets, such as supporting our industry-leading work in the structural integrity management of offshore oil and gas structures.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Ideally Chartered (ICE, IMechE, IStructE etc), or actively working towards chartership.
· You enjoy new challenges and are keen to learn, whilst also wanting to support others within our diverse multi-disciplinary teams.
· You enjoy working on multiple fast-paced projects, balancing the need for high quality design and analysis with the need to deliver within required time and cost budgets.
· Drive safe and efficient delivery of the projects.
· Cultural awareness and emotional intelligence needed to communicate effectively with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders.
· Can provide training and mentoring to junior engineers.
· Ability to maintain existing and develop new client relationships.
· Has a desire to innovate and enhance the efficiency of structural designs.
· Previous working experience for major offshore consultant, OEM, developer or EPCI.
· Experience in Lead Engineer role through concepts, FEED and detailed design.
· Solid understanding of offshore wind development drivers for design.
· Awareness of the interfaces between turbine and foundation.
· Appreciation of the dynamics of offshore structures subject to wind and wave action.
· Working knowledge of offshore structural engineering and relevant Offshore Wind design codes.
· Knowledge of turbine loads and interfaces.
· Awareness of certification requirements.
· Experience in structural analysis tools:
· Linear and non-linear offshore structural analysis (e.g. Fatigue, Ultimate and Accidental Limit States, Ship impact) – particularly, SESAM, USFOS and SACS;
· Linear and non-linear FEA experience in ABAQUS or similar package;
· Experience in integrated coupled analysis and ideally using Bladed.
· Experience in the use of coding in structural applications is seen as desirable.
· Track record in delivering multiple types of offshore wind projects including monopiles, jackets and/or floating
· Ability to solve complex technical problems.
· Ability to lead delivery of quality deliverables to schedule and budget.
· Able to travel locally and internationally to meet with internal and external stakeholders as required.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.