Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
We are seeking to hire high calibre Senior Process Engineer as the Process Department will be one of the key departments in our new and rapidly expanding UK Engineering Services business that provides Pre-FEED, FEED, Detailed Design and PMC services in Hydrogen, Carbon Capture, Waste to Fuels as well as traditional energy projects to international clients. We are moving to new premises in Woking, Surrey shortly where the role will be based, and we will be operating a hybrid working pattern with 3 days in the office and 2 days WFH.
· Reporting to the lead engineer on a feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC project
· Can be technically responsible for an area of work and supervises preparation of specific deliverables
· Undertaking specific tasks/ area of work as defined by the lead/ principal engineer
· Identifying and resolving discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/ contract under the supervision of the lead/principal engineer
· Participating in factory acceptance tests
· Supporting the preparation of the process TDR and executes allocated tasks within the requirements of the project execution plan and TDR
· Ensuring compliance with KENT’s ISO accredited QMS, and project specific procedures, guides and standards
· In consultation with process group manager takes responsibility for identifying own development needs and ensuring that agreed development goals are met taking due cognisance of project commitments
· Performing related duties as and when instructed by lead/ principal engineer or group manager
· Undertaking specified tasks/ areas of work dependent on size and complexity of project, as defined by the lead engineer or project/ project engineering manager.
· Supervising and checking the work of other engineers as delegated by the lead engineer/ group manager.
· Responsible for communicating technical/ project issues potentially impacting the project to the lead engineer.
· Senior engineer is accountable to the lead/principal engineer or project engineer (dependant on size and complexity of the project) in the project environment
· Responsible for personal training and development in consultation with Process Group Manager
· The corporate reporting line is to respective Process Group Manager.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Engineering degree, honours or equivalent in Chemical Engineering or similar
· Exposure to consultancy, FEED/ detailed design and EPC projects
· Knowledge of applicable international and industry specifications, standards and codes
· Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practice
· Activity scheduling and discipline priorities
· Good coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills
· Good communication skills
· Cost awareness
· Proactive approach.
· Attention to detail
· Team player
· Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
· Analytical and problem-solving mind set
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.