Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a dynamic and motivated Senior Planning Engineer with experience in leading, planning and delivering on Brownfield Projects.
In this role you will be responsible for managing and leading all activities related to project planning. You will also be accountable for managing the overall Control Schedule and the collation and reporting of progress against this Control Schedule.
· Project controls: reporting, forecasting and cost control.
· Look ahead reports of tasks to be performed in the 3 - 6 weeks
· Identification of Risks in schedules and mitigation actions
· Identification of Opportunities in the schedule.
· Reports to the Project Controls Manager.
· Setup and manage the project Master Control Schedule and facilitate the operation of the project planning and progress measurement systems.
· Ensures planning and progress measurement procedures for contractors and vendors conform to Project requirements and are effectively applied.
· Ensures that the detailed planning of the various phases of the work is in accordance with the project strategy and milestones to achieve the overall project plan.
· Calculate and report project schedule performance metrics and generate S-Curves and other tables and charts as required.
· Responsible for timely issue of project control deliverables and progress reports.
· Provide relevant reports to project management to ensure the Project Manager has all the tools required to make the right decisions driving on time and on budget project execution.
· Interact with the customer to provide update on schedule as well as explain the current situation / challenges / opportunities.
· Implementation of the integrated project planning initiative: the planner will adhere to the approved processes and proactively drive implementation of new initiatives leading to fully integrated planning.
· Provide leadership to planning engineers, schedulers and cost engineers to plan, monitor, and control the execution of the project within the time and budget parameters, optimising resource utilisation.
· Capable of performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
· Support the Project Controls Manager and Project Management Team in planning and identifying issues that could limit progress or impact project budgets.
· Corporate reporting line is to the Project Controls and Business Director.
· Understands the project deliverables, milestones and required tasks and targets through the project progress measurement system.
· Support project management team in initiating and preparing time and cost related variations and claims.
· Monitor progress against schedules and expedite updating data required from the discipline groups.
· Prepare and maintain client and management progress curves and look ahead reports for the project in line with the required reporting levels and requirements of the contract.
· Evaluate discipline change notices, determine schedule impact of all affected areas.
· Support the materials control group in developing and maintaining a requisition tracking system.
· Ensure timely project reporting to an appropriate level of detail which gives early warning of adverse performance trends.
· Capable of using initiative, knowledge and experience to recognise, highlight and address opportunities and threats as and when they emerge.
· Perform related duties as and when instructed by direct supervisor.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Degree Level Qualification
· FEED, EPC/EPCm experience in the oil & gas sector in a similar role
· Recent experience of leading, planning and delivering on Brownfield Projects.