Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist based in Calgary. You will be responsible for working with ADP WFN on payroll processing, administering the Time and Attendance System, improving associated processes, and ensuring the financial integrity of payroll data with a focus on audit, compliance and support with collective agreements, Canadian payroll, and tax legislation.
- Payroll processing from calculations through to associated remittances including those required in collective agreements for approximately 450 employees.
- Audits, reconciles and ensures data integrity in ADP WFN.
- Completes bi-weekly and weekly review audits in preparation for ADP payroll processing.
- Generates and analyzes multiple reports used to balance and reconcile to ensure accuracy of input and adherence to controls, policies, collective agreements and government regulations.
- Reviews and verifies payroll data in a timely manner, calculates overtime and other pay premiums, and enters payroll data.
- Prepares manual cheques and out of cycle pay transactions as necessary.
- Reconciles all payroll-related accounts and activities.
- Stays up to date with Canadian payroll industry changes.
- Works closely with ADP in the processing of all payroll transactions for all employees including hires, transfers, status changes, termination final pays, leave pay-outs etc..
- Responsible for administering taxable benefits according to CRA regulations.
- Works closely with HR to ensure accurate payments based on local and federal law and union practices.
- Administers Record of Employment for all employee terminations and retirements.
- Ensures garnishments received are processed within the system according to the legislation.
- Investigates all employee inquiries regarding pay, benefits, tax and statutory deductions in a timely manner.
- Participates in continuous improvement projects for the department (e.g., policy and procedure related).
- Participates in collective agreement implementations.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Minimum college diploma (e.g., business, bookkeeping, accounting, software, etc.) and 5+ years of practical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation required.
- Experience and understanding of Canadian tax calculations including reporting and filing of tax liabilities.
- Knowledge in multi-provincial payroll and benefits administration.
- Hands on experience calculating and auditing of forms T4 & T4 Summary.
- Knowledge of relevant Canadian legislation and ability to understand and interpret collective agreements.
- Highly organized with an ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented with advanced analytical/mathematical/research skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and must be able to work under pressure.
- Experience with ADP WFN.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically super user in Excel.
- Champion and assist in the ongoing development of common payroll processes across the CAN organization.
- Proficiency in written documentation including Project Summaries, Business Cases, & Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)/User Guides.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills.