Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to perform scopes of work support the development of the Mechanical design within a project. The successful candidate will be accountable for the delivery of defined areas of scope within the project and is accountable for overall discipline related activities for the assigned project. Responsible for communicating technical / project issues to the lead engineer. May supervise and check the work of other engineers as delegated by the lead engineer / group manager.
The Senior Mechanical is typically accountable to the Lead / Principal Engineer or Project Engineer, depending on size and complexity of the Project. Corporate reporting line is to respective Departmental/Group Manager.
This is part of a recruitment drive during 2022 to develop and grow our Front End and General Engineering capability in the UK. We are seeking high caliber people for this key Engineering role that have talent, enthusiasm and drive to influence and be part of our exciting expansion plan. The UK Engineering group will support a variety of interesting and challenging opportunities in Low Carbon/ Energy Transition (CCUS, Green Hydrogen, Blue Hydrogen, Offshore Wind, Waste to X, Emissions Reduction) as well as responsibly developing traditional international energy projects. Being confidently hands on particularly during 2022-3 as we grow, collaborative (including international workshare and teamworking) and committed to a long-term career within a high performing and close team are some of the key qualities we are seeking.
· Typically works as a mechanical engineer reporting to the lead engineer on a feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC project.
· Can be technically responsible for an area of work and supervises preparation of specific deliverables
· Undertakes specific tasks/ area of work as defined by the lead/ principal engineer.
· Works to the requirements of the Mechanical Design Manual (WOK-EN-GDE-M-07162).
· Identifying and resolving discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/ contract under the supervision of the lead/principal engineer.
· Participates in factory acceptance tests.
· Supports the preparation of the mechanical TDR and executes allocated tasks within the requirements of the project execution plan and TDR.
· Ensures compliance with Kent’s ISO accredited QMS, and project specific procedures, guides and standards.
· In consultation with mechanical group manager takes responsibility for identifying own development needs and ensuring that agreed development goals are met taking due cognisance of project commitments.
· Performs related duties as and when instructed by lead/ principal engineer or group manager
· Contributes to employee performance development, identifies employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends and provides training and development requirements in consultation with Mechanical Group Manager.
· Provide expert knowledge for the design of packages.
· Performs related duties as and when instructed by Mechanical Group Manager.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Typically holds a Master’s degree in mechanical engineering or post-graduate mechanical engineering qualification. Chartered status is preferred.
· Significant related experience of working for engineering/client organisations in the oil and gas industry.
· Experience in the design of packages in both FEED and EPC environments.
· Exposure to consultancy, FEED/ detailed design and EPC projects.
· Knowledge of applicable international and industry specifications, standards and codes.
· Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practice.
· Activity scheduling and discipline priorities.
· Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills.
· Good coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills.
· Good Communication skills.
· Cost awareness.
· Proactive approach.
· Attention to detail.
· Team player.
· Meet deadlines.
· Multi-tasking prioritizing.
· Analytical and problem solving mind.