Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Senior/Lead Electrical Engineer to be based in Woking.
- Manage electrical engineering services that meet Kent, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
- Manage electrical engineering project requirements.
- Manage electrical engineering services such as:
- Participate in relevant meetings, prepare progress reports and comply with required checking procedures
- Ensure the project scope is clear and that changes comply with project change management processes
- Provide advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities. For example, oversee requisitions, technical bid evaluations and purchase order preparation.
- Act as the electrical engineering Lead on specific projects.
- If responsible for a team:
- Outline project requirements including actively promoting workshare, where appropriate, assign tasks and supervise progress; and
- Ensure the required services meet Kent, its customers and applicable statutory and regulatory requirements, on time and within budget.
- Proactively resolve any discrepancies between Kent and its Customer's requirements.
- Keep up to date with the latest developments and technical innovations in electrical engineering.
- If required, assist and support in developing personnel within the electrical engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders, including the Customer.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- A recognised and relevant engineering degree.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status is preferred but not necessarily.
- Excellent technical and practical engineering skills and ability to consistently deliver quality, accurate and timely work to
- KENT and its clients.
- Excellent knowledge of the fundamental requirements of the electrical engineering, and the basic requirements of other engineering fields.
- Excellent knowledge of applicable local and international standards and statutory and regulatory specifications.
- Competent use of relevant software such as ETAP or similar.
- Working knowledge of DIgSilent Power factory and PSCAD software is a plus.
- Extensive technical and practical experience in electrical engineering in the same or similar industry.
- Prior experience reviewing and approving Engineering Deliverables
- Commercially aware
- Able to operate in an integrated team environment supporting and leading others with a desire and ability to build trust
- and respect throughout the team
- Very good leadership, communication, and negotiation skills with proven ability to work on complex technical projects
- and leading multidisciplinary and culturally varied teams
- Good organizational skills and a structured working approach with an eye for details while at the same time keeping the
- large overview
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to safety
- Delivery focused and committed to achieving project and company goals
- Flexible and able to comply and adapt to company or client requirements
- Ability to interact with management and personnel at all levels, a committed team player
- Confident and able to work on own initiative
- Willing to travel within the UK and worldwide as and when required by the projects.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.