Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer based in Kent’s Mumbai office.
- Perform engineering deliverables in an efficient manner.
- Monthly project status reports and statistics.
- Ensure that timesheets are completed correctly reflect hours consumed for tasks accomplished.
- Project review meetings and reports 5. Actively promote the Electrical Department and solicit information from the market place.
- Provide information to the LE on what is happening in the market place.
- Act as the proposal manager for incoming enquiries received and help to develop bid strategy with both the Engineering Manager and Operations Manager.
- Comprehensive review of tender documents. Advice on how to bid.
- Bid review/analysis.
- Deliverable list that make sense.
- Support the LE in ensuring that the required project management controls, systems and procedures are implemented on all projects.
- Project members are familiar with the project systems.
- Review of project performance and feedback from LE.
- Help to support the LE in maximizing the effectiveness of project team to achieve the project objectives.
- Meet most major milestones on the schedule.
- Feedback from LE and project reviews meetings and reports.
- Effective communication up/down the organization and good working spirit.
- Review of project performance and feedback from LE. Feedback from subordinates, LE and Engineering Manager.
- Maintain positive relationship with all clients, consultants and partners.
- Positive relationship with all clients. Represent the subsidiary in a professional manner.
- Feedback from Client and LE's. 26. Any other adhoc duties as assigned from time to time.
- Maintain standards of HSE and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements. Take reasonable care of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace. Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering with Minimum of 10+ years experience
- Holding People Accountable
- AutoCAD Experience
- Thorough understanding of engineering standards
- Leading and Developing Others
- Negotiation and Influence
- Good Customer / Client Service Orientation
- 3D Modelling Skills
- Smart Plant Electrical Skills
- ETAP Experience
- Ensure quality by adhering to the QMS/ISO 9001:2000 procedures.
- Client satisfaction/minor comments back from submissions.
- Support the LE by maintaining and developing effective interpersonal relationships. Help to ensure that an environment is created in which company values are clearly visible.
- Productivity levels
- Excellent interpersonal and analytical attributes
- Professional communication skills –Able to communicate with peers, customers, and vendors
- Support the LE in maximizing the effectiveness of project team to achieve the project objectives
Details about the role:
Location: Mumbai, India
Relocation required: No
Travel required: No
Contract type: Permanent
Experience level: 5+ years