Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Sarnia office is seeking Senior Civil/Structural Engineer to join their CSA (Civil/Structural/Architectural) team. The Senior Civil/Structural Engineer will be responsible for civil and structural engineering on multi-discipline engineering projects and for providing leadership by example to motivated and skilled technical teams in a computer based integrated 3D engineering/ design environment.
The Senior Civil/Structural Engineer’s duties will be carried out under the direction/guidance of the Civil/Structural/Architectural Department Manager and will be responsible for the following areas:
- Assigned as working Lead (area lead or project lead) for multiple sustaining capital projects or greenfield projects, while still being able to execute Engineering/Design related deliverables.
- Structural analysis and design of various structures and foundations.
- Civil design of roads, site grading, pipeline corridors and drainage systems.
- Review and authentication of design prepared by others.
- Review and authentication of drawings developed by the CSA design team.
- Specifications and contract documents.
- Resolve design and field engineering difficulties.
- Review project documents for technical accuracy.
- Assign work and evaluate technical competence.
- Provide Technical guidance to the CSA team members.
- Identifying investigations, value engineering and special analysis needs on a project.
- Take part in 3D model reviews, technical audits, constructability review and risk analysis.
- Engineering progress reports.
- Coordinate engineering work schedule.
- Determine and schedule work priorities meeting the project schedule.
- Effective design change management.
- Keeping abreast of new technical developments and estimating their impacts.
- Establish good working relationships and communication with the client and other engineering disciplines both locally and other areas of the company.
- Assist in providing Home-Office technical support to engineering groups and construction management team at site.
- Manage assigned work effectively, including prioritizing, executing, managing schedule and budget, and reporting to meet project goals.
- Complete input to monthly project progress reporting (EVM) as well as input to the department MFL.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- A Professional Engineer with a minimum of 15 years of experience in an EPC environment, and a minimum of 10 years of experience in the civil and structural design and construction related to Petrochemical and Refining facilities.
*** Please be advised that this posting is in reference to a future need and does not reflect any position(s) currently open within Kent PLC. Should you wish to have your details entered into the corporate database to be considered for future projects, please submit your resume to this job posting.***
- A good knowledge of the interdisciplinary requirements for Petrochemical and Refining for Sarnia projects.
- A good knowledge of workshare with multiple offices and High-Value Engineering Centers.
- A thorough knowledge of Canadian standards.
- A thorough knowledge of 3D structural analysis and design, and 3D modeling methodologies.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills.
- Registration through PEO as a P.Eng., or eligibility for registration.