Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting for Senior Civil/Structural Engineer (Offshore) based in Mumbai. Our Energy business has been operating for over four decades and the pace of change has never been greater than it is now. These are critical times in how the world generates and uses Energy. Our Design and Engineering teams are key to the multi-disciplinary design and assurance services that we provide to our Clients in the Renewables, Conventional Generation, Oil & Gas, Energy from Waste, Energy Storage and Petrochemical Markets. A growing workload within the Offshore Wind business is providing exciting opportunities to work within large multi-disciplinary teams delivering complex, innovative solutions. In this role, you will work primarily with the Offshore Wind Team as part of a workshare programme with the UK offices, involved in the technical delivery of multi-discipline Projects to the Energy Sector. Within the oil and gas division, our services are focused on upstream operations engineering i.e. maintain safe and efficient operations for operators, and offshore engineering encompassing fixed, floating and subsea facilities. Having worked on 1,000 oil and gas installations around the world, we are now the operators’ ‘go to’ company for difficult challenges in engineering, operations, life extension and ultimately decommissioning which is expected to be a growing market. Our structural Oil & Gas team works on some of the most exciting and varied projects in onshore and offshore Oil and Gas sector, including front end design, consultancy studies, integrity management of topsides and subsea structures of fixed and floating assets, and decommissioning.
· An engineering degree, honours or equivalent in civil, mechanical, structural naval architecture or similar.
· Demonstrable experience in producing detailed designs and good understanding of local and global analytical processes of offshore structures.
· Experience of working with local and geographically disparate teams and resources. Able to motivate self and teams, deal with conflict and create a strong delivery culture.
· Proven success in structural projects against external and internal time, cost and quality objectives. Experience in participating in appropriate project governance and project management reporting.
· Offshore structural analysis experience of jackets, floating and subsea systems – particularly using SACS/SESAM software.
· Technical understanding of environmental wave loading and/or vessel motions.
· Experience of partaking in elements of bids and engaging directly with clients.
· Ability to report, interpret and communicate the engineering implications of complex analysis results to colleagues and clients, including the implications of problems encountered in the delivery of work.
· Excellent report writing skills and experience in the delivery of technical presentations to external clients.
· Understanding of structural engineering first principals, this is a technical role.
· Management, assessment and analysis of designs, modifications and anomalies.
· Linear and non-linear FEA experience in ABAQUS and USFOS and other comparable software packages is preferred.
· Background in offshore structural integrity service delivery is advantageous
· Chartered status with a recognized engineering institution is considered advantageous
· Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary. Travel to and from client sites and/or temporary secondment to client’s offices may also be required with opportunities for international travel
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
An engineering degree, honours or equivalent in civil, mechanical, structural naval architecture or similarCivil Engineering or Structural Engineering
· Minimum 10 years industry experience
· Experience must also include 10 years of civil and/or structural engineering.
· Previous working experience for major offshore consultant, OEM, developer or EPCI.
· Experience in Senior engineer role through concepts, FEED and detailed design.
· Appreciation of the dynamics of offshore structures subject to wind and wave action.
· Working knowledge of offshore structural engineering and relevant design codes.
· Awareness of certification requirements.
· Experience in structural analysis tools:
· Linear and non-linear offshore structural analysis (e.g. Fatigue, Ultimate and Accidental Limit States, Ship impact).
· Linear and non-linear FEA experience.
· Experience in the use of coding in structural applications is seen as desirable
· Ability to solve complex technical problems.
· Experience must include design and construction of Pipe Racks, equipment steel structures and foundations, and support structures such as heat exchangers, vertical and horizontal vessels and structures.
· Design and retrofitting of existing steel and concrete structures, equipment foundations and connections for large-scale Plants; design and construction of foundations for dynamic loads, such as pumps and other rotating equipment, compressor foundations and generator structures.
· Finite Element Analysis and design of soil and pile supported mat foundations; preparation and checking of structural calculations; preparing engineering and fabrication drawings using automated detailing software such as Teklastructures; reviewing structural drawings and details and preparing material take-off reports; structural analysis and design using software such as STAAD-Pro, GTSTRUDL and MathCAD
· Cost estimation including quantity tracking and Trends; monitoring construction activities and progress of projects; utilizing local and international design codes and industry standards; and contract review and PO management
· Strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Details about the role:
Location: Mumbai, India
Relocation required: No
Travel required: No
Contract type: Permanent
Experience level: 5+ years