Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
- This is a working director role in that the Regional Director will have responsibility to be chargeable to projects to some extent and will carry out day-to-day Cost Controls functions in some areas but will also manage all Cost Controls personnel supporting our programs and projects in the Region.
- Provide oversight using an understanding of all commercial activities of a project or operation.
- Regional Super-User for company ERP transition and associated systems integration.
- Focal point for Power BI dashboards with drill downs for weekly and monthly review by Regional Senior Leadership team, Country Managers and Project Managers.
- Alignment of regional cost systems and processes (PAF system, Timesheet system, Cost control and reporting systems) with global standard.
- Participate in leadership reviews for performance measurement in relation with annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Ensure that costs, forecasts, and expenditures are recorded, tracked, and analyzed.
- Ensure the quality of below Project Controls Teams deliverables:
- Implement unified cost report CBS and standardized Task Numbering code
- Implement PPR (Performance Project Reporting) dashboard
- Implement Oracle interfaces with Cost system
- Timesheet cost coding
- Classify costs by type and CTC (all-inclusive company personnel Cost) allocation/reconciliation
- Track man-hours allocated to a project
- Track CPI cost performance index
- Support the preparation of a cash flow with the cost report, and issues to client's finance/construction team
- Verify invoices
- Manage change events and support the review of change orders in accordance with the client's approval process
- Complete cost management report preparation
- Identify the trends and provide summary analysis and risk evaluation for the project
- Measure and ensure project services quality compliance and best practice for the project
- Coordinate, issue, manage the project procedures and documentation
- Assist the Project Manager in the proactive identification, evaluation and monitoring of risk and opportunity in the project management environment, including risk mitigation planning and execution of risk management
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Finance, or related field from an accredited university.
- Minimum 15 years industry experience and at least 5 years in a similar role, preferably in the oil & energy industry.
- Strong understanding of planning, progress measurement, cost and change control.
- Certified Cost Technician CCT credential or the higher-level Certified Cost Professional CCP is preferred.
- Substantial experience in planning, progress measurement, cost control, change management and document control on engineering, procurement, construction, and completion phases.
- Expertise in various contracting models including Unit Rate Construction, Fixed Fee Reimbursable, Lump Sum Services, and Subcontracts.
- Proven problem solver, self-motivated with time management skills.
- Experience with engineering and construction earned value systems.
- Multi-project portfolio experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and P6.
- Expertise with project data aggregation, analysis and visualization / dashboard development (using either MS Power BI or Domo).
- Procedures development experience for operating centers and/or projects and oversight of same including project reviews and audits.
- Experience with joint ventures and alliances.
- Experience with ERP integration/implementation.
- Experience with unit and hourly rate analysis, productivity and wage rate analysis.
- Experience with project trending, trend analysis, account reconciliation and currency analysis.
- Experience with project setup and close out and final job reports.
- Overhead analysis experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively across location, region and corporate to accomplish objectives.