Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Project Engineering Manager, to manage and lead a team of Multi-discipline Engineers to coordinate production of engineering deliverables in accordance with specific projects in the UK.
- Technically responsible for all engineering work and allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking/approval activities to Project Engineers.
- Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high profile issues with support from consultants and discipline Engineers and effectively communicating with Clients and Senior Management.
- Monitors the engineering progress, addresses shortfalls, develops recovery plans where required and ensures plans are implemented. Provides feedback to Project Manager and engineering discipline supervisors as and when required on the progress.
- Attends project review meetings and ensures that associated reports are compiled and distributed accordingly.
- Supervises production of the project execution plan and coordination procedures for the project.
- Approves all engineering deliverables and ensures appropriate personnel in place to undertake competent checking across all disciplines.
- Provides assistance as and when required in the strategic procurement planning including for long lead items enquiry.
- Provides support to procurement including long lead items enquiry: approves Technical Requisitions, vendor documentation reviews and Technical Bid Evaluation to ensure design conformance.
- Ensures compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to equipment selection/specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
- Consults Quality Assurance with any quality issues ensuring compliance with Kent’s ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures. Coordinates Internal and Client audit requests and facilitates audit procedures of engineering systems within the department. Complying with other Kent accredited framework such as ISO 14001.
- Participates in and may lead multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides all necessary input and approval to close out of actions.
- Coordinates preparation and presentation of the final documentation in accordance with requirements of the Client acceptance certificates. Participates in a formal review of the project with relevant parties on completion, and identifies opportunities for learning and development.
- Participates in employee performance evaluations, establishes performance criteria, identifies employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends training and development requirements.
- Performs related duties as and when instructed by Direct Supervisor.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Typically Masters Degree in Engineering. Chartered Status preferred. Significant related project engineering management experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Refinery Industry
• Excellent management, including delegation, and leadership skills
• Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Tactful in resolving issues
• Cost awareness
• Proactive approach.
• Attention to detail
• Team player
• Ability to meet schedules and deadlines
• Analytical and problem solving mind set
• Working under pressure
• Planning and forecasting
• HSSE and quality consciousness
• Excellent Communication and presentation skills.