Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Scope of Work:
Kent is looking for an experienced Principal Process Engineer to provide remote and on-site support for a refinery, based in Rotterdam. In this role, the Principal Process Engineer acts as Owner’s Engineer to support projects, and other scopes of work on the refinery. The scope is for an initial 12 months with the potential to extend. There is a requirement to travel to the site in Rotterdam for 1 week every 6-8 weeks.
· Developing Process Flow Schemes, Basis of Design for ITB packages for Pre-FEED, FEED and EPC phases
· Reviewing FEED/EPC Contractor deliverables including Design Basis, Philosophies, Studies, H&MB, PFD/UFDs, PEDs, Process Systems including P&IDs, Flow Assurance, Relief and Flare Design, Process Datasheets
· Representing at HAZOP; ensuring close out of HAZOP actions
· Cross checking of technical documentation and coordination with team members from the other disciplines such as mechanical, civil, piping, instrumentation & electrical and construction.
· Leveraging support of SMEs
· Providing Process advice on Design modifications to existing equipment
· Assisting in solving problems in existing installations
· Oversight of engineering design & engineering activities carried out at offices
· Bachelor's degree (mechanical engineering);
· Relevant work experience;
· Good interdisciplinary knowledge, including Instrumentation and Controls.
· Good knowledge of European Codes and Standards
· Experience with an "operator" or EPCM contractor is an advantage;
· Being able to work well with other disciplines, suppliers and staff from other cultures;
· Good written and oral expression skills;
· Good knowledge of the English language; knowledge of Dutch an advantage
· Being able to work well with Microsoft.