Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Principal Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for coordinating the production of engineering deliverables and providing progress reporting for a project in accordance with the project plan. Typically supervises a team of engineers to address all discipline specific requirements within the project. May undertake discrete specialist studies / technology reviews under supervision. Liaises with other disciplines to achieve design consistency. Supports the Project Management Team in planning, identifies technical issues which could limit progress and impact project budgets. Interfacing with the client.
The Principal Electrical Engineer is typically accountable to the Lead Engineer or Project Engineering Manager, discipline Lead Engineer and/or Project Manager, depending on size and complexity of the Project. Corporate reporting line is to respective Departmental / Group Manager.
This is part of a recruitment drive during 2022-3 to develop and grow our Front End and General Engineering capability in the UK. We are seeking high caliber people for this key Engineering role that have talent, enthusiasm and drive to influence and be part of our exciting expansion plan. The UK Engineering group will support a variety of interesting and challenging opportunities in Low Carbon / Energy Transition (CCUS, Green Hydrogen, Blue Hydrogen, Offshore Wind, Waste to X, Emissions Reduction) as well as responsibly developing traditional international energy projects. Being confidently hands on particularly during 2022-3 as we grow, collaborative (including international workshare and teamworking) and committed to a long-term career within a high performing and close team are some of the key qualities we are seeking.
We operate a hybrid working model with a mix of office and home working, for our team to develop an effective team dynamic within Engineering.
· Either a Lead Engineer on a project or reporting to the Lead Engineer typically on larger projects, execute electrical engineering design activities for feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC projects.
· Can be technically responsible for all electrical engineering work and allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
· Capable of formulating resolutions and supervision of technically challenging and/or high-profile issues, with support from Consultant Electrical Engineer / Lead Engineer or Project Engineering Manager, and effectively communicating with Clients and Senior Management.
· Reviews the ITB (Invitation to Bid) documents submitted in the proposals stage, prepares man-hour estimates and provides input to project execution plan.
· Supervises, reviews and checks the electrical activities including: Philosophies, Specifications, Studies, Single Line Diagrams, Schedules, Datasheets and Technical Requisitions. Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal by raising technical queries with projects / client.
· Capable of participating in Factory Acceptance Tests.
· Participates in multi-discipline Engineering Design Reviews and provides all necessary electrical engineering input and support to close out of actions.
· Identifies a clear scope of work and supervises preparation of the Technical Document Register (TDR). Responsible for planning / scheduling the electrical engineering activities and manpower resource. Quantifies the total number of engineering deliverables, man-hour allocation and format of delivery, and other requirements for execution of the work. Provides necessary regular project controls / reporting input to Project Management.
· Provides support to Procurement including long lead items enquiry prepares Technical Requisitions, reviews vendor documentation and provides Technical Bid Evaluation support to ensure design conformance.
· Ensures compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to equipment selection / specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
· Consults Quality Assurance with any quality issues ensuring compliance with Kent’s ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality Plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures. Co-ordinates Internal and client audit requests and facilitates audit procedures of engineering systems within the department.
· Complying with other Kent accredited frameworks such as ISO 14001.
· Contributes to training and development of other staff including identifying employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends training and development requirements.
· Performs related duties as and when instructed by Direct Supervisor.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Typically Master’s Degree in Instrument or Electrical Engineering.
· Chartered Status and significant related experience working for Engineering / Client organisations in the Oil and Gas Industry.
· Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills.
· Excellent Communication skills.
· Tactful in resolving issues.
· Cost awareness.
· Proactive approach.
· Alertness and attention to detail.
· Team player.
· Good written and spoken communication skills.
· Exposure to Consultancy, FEED / Detailed Design and EPC projects
· Knowledge of international equipment specifications and costs
· In depth knowledge of standard international specifications and codes
· Knowledge of Safety and Quality procedures