Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Piping SmartPlant 3D Administrator/Designer. This position location is in Channelview, TX, and reports to our Piping Supervisor.
- Owns master data and engineering tool workflow for SmartPlant PID (SPPID) and Smart 3D (S3D)
- Ensures all users of SPPID and S3D follow workflows to maintain accurate engineering data
- Assists Outside Engineering companies as needed to complete design work by site requirements
- Merges changes, review database change requests, review symbol change requests
- Audits Master Data to ensure data integrity of tags and metadata
- Configures database and deliverables in SPPID in a fully integrated environment.
- Develops libraries, catalog specifications, templates, reports, filters, user roles, view types, etc. for use by designers in various engineering disciplines.
- Coordinates integration across the SmartPlant Enterprise (S3D, SmartPlant Electrical, SPPID, SmartPlant Instrumentation, SmartPlant Foundation, SmartPlant Reference Data and SmartPlant Review) for design, review and generation of deliverables in a Smart Cloud Estate
- Capable of guiding day to day modeling activities and troubleshooting S3D modeling in accordance with project requirements, and coordinating future integration activities. The Administrator will also need to develop documentation for procedures, user instructions, etc.
- Supports engineers, designers, & maintenance staff in the Engineering, Technology, and Projects and Turnaround, and Maintenance departments.
- The successful applicant will require significant skills in the administration and support of SPPID in various configurations.
- Will need to be familiar and knowledgeable of the various products within the Hexagon SMART Suite.
- Strong knowledge and experience of how SPPID integrates through SPF with both SmartPlant and Non-SmartPlant tools
- Supports user requests and application support, including symbology as needed.
- The successful candidates would also need to be capable of independently developing piping design packages. It generally would be heavier on the Admin part at least in the beginning; but expectation is to be flexible as needed by the business.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Knowledge of maintaining engineering data for a Digital Twin
- 5 or more years administrator experience in SPPID and S3D
- Knowledge of other discipline requirements in SmartPlant Enterprise applications
- knowledge of engineering workflow and document/data management
- Proficient in S3D and SPPID software with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in drafting or engineering.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to proactively identify problems and seek solutions from Subject Matter Experts.
- Experienced in spreadsheet and word processing.
- Strong attention to details.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to plan and layout drawings without supervision.
- Understands construction techniques, material properties and engineering principles.
- Understanding of the project initiation, execution and closeout requirements.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL and/or Oracle SQL*Plus and ability to use these tools in an integrated environment