Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Lead Project Controls Manager to manage and oversee project control delivery on large projects or across a portfolio of smaller projects. Responsible for project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, progress measurement, risk management and reporting. Manages project controls personnel. Responsible for establishing operating policies to mitigate risk.
Provides guidance and consultation for project managers and corporate management. Experienced with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. This is an internal Kent position.
This is part of a recruitment drive during 2022-3 to develop and grow our Front End and General Engineering capability in the UK. We are seeking high caliber people for this key Engineering role that have talent, enthusiasm and drive to influence and be part of our exciting expansion plan. The UK Engineering group will support a variety of interesting and challenging opportunities in Low Carbon / Energy Transition (CCUS, Green Hydrogen, Blue Hydrogen, Offshore Wind, Waste to X, Emissions Reduction) as well as responsibly developing traditional international energy projects. Being confidently hands on particularly during 2022-3 as we grow, collaborative (including international workshare and teamworking) and committed to a long-term career within a high performing and close team are some of the key qualities we are seeking.
We operate a hybrid working model with a mix of office and home working, for our team to develop an effective team dynamic within Engineering.
· Reports to the Project Controls & Business Director.
· Manages and leads all activities related to project planning and controls, cost management and reporting, contract
· administration and risk management across a programme of work.
· Responsibilities typically include:
o Project controls: reporting, forecasting and cost control.
o Document control.
o Administration services, including secretarial and clerical services.
o Translation services.
o Project risk management.
o Information management and systems.
· Responsible for timely issue of project control deliverables and progress reports across all engineering projects.
· Provide management leadership to all planning engineers, cost engineers and document control staff to plan, monitor, and control the execution of projects within the time and budget parameters, optimising resource utilisation.
· Capable of performing duties with no direct supervision and within agreed schedules and budgets.
· Supports the Project Controls & Business Director in developing process, procedures and practices to efficiently and effectively manage the engineering portfolio.
· Support the Engineering Management Team in identifying issues that could limit progress or impact project budgets or quality of delivery. Interfaces with the client.
· Analyse project requirements during setup and assist with level of appropriate controls needed for effective project delivery.
· Oversee planning and scheduling on projects to ensure schedules are in line with the delivery requirements through the application of appropriate processes and procedures.
· Maintain effective controls to ensure timely initiation, preparation of time and cost related variations and claims. Advises Project Controls & Business Director on compiling support documents for potential claims, prepares advance defence for issues that are likely to evolve during the execution of the project.
· Develop and maintain consistent project work breakdown structures and project control budgets across the portfolio of engineering projects.
· Ensure change control systems, evaluate discipline change notices, determine cost and schedule impact of all affected areas is implemented across all projects.
· Ensure timely project reporting across all projects to an appropriate level of detail which gives early warning of adverse performance trends.
· Support in the negotiation of contracts, subcontracts, agency, consultant, sponsorship, joint venture, consortium, bidding, confidentiality, MOU and other types and forms of agreements.
· Supervise and develop contract pricing summaries for proposals as required.
· Consult Quality Assurance with any quality issues ensuring compliance with Petrofac’s ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures. Coordinates Internal and Client audit requests and facilitates audit procedures of engineering systems within the department. Complying with other Petrofac accredited framework such as ISO 14001.
· Capable of using initiative, knowledge and experience to recognise, highlight and address opportunities and threats as and when they emerge.
· Perform related duties as and when instructed by direct supervisor.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Minimum Degree Level Qualification.
· Minimum 15 years’ recent Pre-FEED $250k+, FEED $1m to $10m, Engineering / E&P / EPCm framework agreements and projects $10m to $100m, EPC/EPCm $50m to $500m in oil & gas and new energy in a similar role.
· Must have recent experience of leading project controls delivery on greenfield and brownfield projects.
· Must have experience in managing, mentoring and developing project controls staff and governance across a programme of work at a corporate level.
· Attention to detail.
· Good Communication skills.
· Substantial project controls experience.
· Good written and spoken communication skills.
· Knowledge of earned value progression mechanisms.
· Knowledge in planning, cost, contracts.
· Knowledge in administrative process involved in engineering and procurement.