Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting for a Lead Planner. Leading the development, management and communication of the baseline schedule, from initiation to project handover. Managing the processes and resources to deliver effective reporting for project delivery.
· Leads in the development of the baseline schedule, from initiation to execution and supports Project Manager in Integrated Baseline Reviews.
· Contributes in the preparation of Project Management Documentation.
· Supports the development of planning procedures in conjunction with HOD Planning & Project Controls
· Coordinates the Project schedule development using the full capabilities of scheduling software.
· Supports the Change Management Process and ensures all approved external and internal changes are incorporated into the Master Project Schedule, according to the Change Management procedure.
· Supervises the collection of actual data, updates to the Project schedule, and supports reliable schedule forecasts from the Project team.
· Monitors the status of Project Schedules against the baseline. Identifies slippages along with the reasons and communicates them effectively to Project Management Team.
· Develop as required schedule delay/impact analysis.
· Produce & manage Project Schedule Risk Register.
· Create ‘What-If’ scenarios, as part of Project Schedule Risk Management.
· Produce schedule recovery action plans & submit to Project Team for review & action.
· Communicate progress measures & reports, internally & externally, in support of schedule performance.
· Participate in Project Peer Reviews.
· Assists the preparation of Systems Completion deliverables to effectively optimize activities and resources, and share synergies for project completion phase.
· Lead the integration of project System Completion activities to achieve an integrated project schedule (Engineering/ Construction/ Commissioning/ Startup/ Performance Test).
· Assists in prioritizing turnovers and system completion from the subsystem to component levels.
· Leads system completion front-to-back planning efforts and communicate the results to the Project Team.
· Analyzes execution performance, identify current critical activities and make recommendations to the Commissioning Manager and the Startup Manager on emerging system completion/start up scenarios.
· Assists System Completion Teams in preparing planning deliverables to effectively optimize activities and resources.
· Supports the development and updating of System Completion Plans
· Responsible for compiling and report Systems Completions metrics for Scorecard.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Qualification/ Certification:
Engineer or Equivalent.
Previous experience on the same position.
HSE and Quality Responsibilities
Maintain standards of HSE and comply with Company’s Health, Safety & Environment Management System requirements. Take reasonable care one’s of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace. Follow and maintain Company standards of Quality in accordance with Company Quality System requirements
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.