Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the Job
Kent is seeking Instrumentation Technicians for a long-term LNG Commissioning Project in Port Arthur, TX.
KEY REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Reports to the I&C commissioning lead for planning and execution management support.
- Carries out I&C commissioning execution work as directed.
- Communicates with the Commissioning I&C lead for technical support.
- Hands on knowledge of instrument field tasks within requirements of project permitting, isolations, zero energy states and full compliance with CSU and Area Prime Safe Working practices, methods and processes including JSA’s / FLRA’s / Toolbox talks etc.
- Hands on knowledge of creating RFI’s first line content in the manner of technical field question.
- Essential: Accepting and or signing onto permits, JSA, FLRA’s, tool box talks in the capacity of front line user Essential experience of field verification of punch list completion and signing off in systems completion database as required.
- Hands on knowledge of completion of commissioning B check sheets in a technical and legible manner.
- Hands on knowledge of carrying out daily instrument commissioning work comprising of loop checking, instrument repair, instrument field support for project activities such as leak testing etc.
- Hands on knowledge of all instrument test equipment such as (but not limited to) HART communicator, Fluke multimeters, Wobulators, Pressure simulator such as Druck.
- Hands on knowledge of completion of field instrument red lines on documentation such as loop diagrams, data sheets, wiring diagrams etc. in a technical and legible manner
- Hands on knowledge of carrying out instrument field support for interlock testing, instrument field support for logic testing, instrument field support for C&E testing, instrument field support for dynamic equipment runs.
- Hands on knowledge of escorting and providing instrument field support for commissioning vendors as required.
EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Essential to be technician certified, with preferably college technical certificate and 5+ experience and transferable Project/Engineering/Commissioning experience.
- Essential experience is an established track record in frontline technician Commissioning, Start Up and initial platform operations.
- Essential: Proven strong technical skills in discipline subject matter.
- Essential: Good working knowledge of test equipment at a hands on level.
- Essential: Good working knowledge of process plant instrumentation at a hands on level.
- Essential: Good working knowledge of fire & gas devices.
- Essential: Good working knowledge of E-house commissioning inclusive of transformers, MCC, switchgear and UPS commissioning.
- Preferred: Hands on DCS knowledge at a loop check level
- Preferred: Hands on PLC knowledge at a loop check level