Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
I&C Engineer Position based out of Baytown, TX. Requires thorough knowledge of Instrument design and engineering techniques, as well as CAD and skills. Responsible to plan schedules and budgets and proposals, modify drawings, specifications, calculations and new approaches to streamline deliverables.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Work on medium or large size engineering projects with minimum supervision.
· Conduct field investigations when needed; produce field reports with detailed sketches.
· Keep up to date on new engineering processes, techniques, and IMS and standards.
· Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches.
· Resolve project issues and problems.
· Provide technical guidance to the design team.
· Collaborate with design team to maximize design value.
· Provide employee performance feedback to discipline manager.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Internal Cross Working Relations (Departmental)
· Engineering Disciplines
· Piping, Electrical Design / 3D CAD
· Project Management
Preferred Education and Relevant Experience/Training:
· BS degree in Control System Engineering or Electrical Engineering plus eight years of hands on engineering experience required in petrochemical, midstream or other heavy industries.
· P.E. license (preferable in the State of Texas) is preferred but, not required.
· Excellent verbal, written communication skills required.
· Knowledge of Instrument calculation computer applications.
· Ability to integrate new technologies into daily work processes
· Experience working with other disciplines understanding their interface requirements.
· Experience with design and/or construction of plants desirable.
· Knowledge of NEC, IEC , ISA & IEEE standards, methods and practices.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
· MS Office (Must be highly proficient in Excel and Word, working knowledge in Access)
· Basic design and construction knowledge required.
· Familiar with PIP Standards.
· MS Office (Excel and Word) and product proficiency required.
· Work with Intools a plus.
· Full fluency in English is required.
· Second language desired but not required.
Working Conditions and Physical Strain
· Must be able to work under pressure
· Must be able to work with the team in developing improved work processes for the department