Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Corpus Christi based Mid-Level E & I Designer with a minimum of 6 years working / design experience in petrochemical, midstream or other heavy industries. (Applicable field experience will be taken into consideration).
This position has primary responsibility for variety of engineering design tasks in the field of process automation. Ensuring all work is completed on schedule, on budget and in accordance with client and company established work procedures. This position requires a thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques, as well as CAD skills at a Medium Designer level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Job Requirements - Relevant Experience & Knowledge
- Work on medium or large size engineering projects with minor supervision.
- Complete engineering design of facility instrumentation, electrical (low voltage to 480VAC), communications and control systems.
- Develop and implement facility control, communication and automation solutions based upon cause and effect documentation, P&ID’s, control narrative, project design basis and an understanding of the facility environment.
- Develop project estimates and project engineering change orders.
- Insure accuracy and reliability of instrumentation, electrical, communications, control and safety systems.
- Prepare accurate and complete designs and calculations as required to meet project requirements.
- Develop detailed scope of work documents for estimates and construction packages.
- Develop engineering drawings including elevations, plans, schematics, wiring diagrams, loop diagrams, logic diagrams, block diagrams, communications and detail drawings for instrumentation and electrical packages.
- Work in coordination with other discipline leads to ensure effective quality product.
- Conduct field investigations when needed; produce field reports with detailed sketches.
- Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches.
- Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used.
- Resolve project issues and problems.
- Provide technical guidance to co-workers.
- Collaborate with design team to maximize design value.
- Maintain client standards on all construction packages.
- Work with minimal direct supervision.
- Maintain project schedules and deadlines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Medium level E & I Design experience in control systems, communications and electrical power design (Low voltage up to 480VAC required / medium voltage experience a plus).
- Minimum of 6 years working / design experience in a similar position required in petrochemical, midstream or other heavy industries. (Applicable field experience would be taken into consideration)
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills required.
- Ability to read, design and understand schematic diagrams, wiring diagrams, loop diagrams, P&ID prints and working knowledge DCS / PLC control systems.
- In depth knowledge of electrical calculations for conduit size, conduit fill, wire size, fuse / breaker size, motor starter size and voltage drop.
- Working knowledge of current National Electric Code and code application.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Experience working with other disciplines understanding their interface requirements.
- In depth knowledge of National Electric Code, industry standards, methods and practices.
- Basic design and construction knowledge required.
- Working knowledge of electrical layout / design complying with industry standards and National Electric Code.
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be comfortable / able to work in a refinery / petrochemical plant environment when required.
- MS Office (Excel and Word) and general product proficiency required.
- Full fluency in English required.