Do you have the drive, skills and ability to work with us as part of our HSSE team? To help shape the future of our business on an instrumental project in the state? You will be involved in working as a member of our well-respected team from our Brisbane office, working collaboratively with our client to successfully deliver a fast-track project in the energy industry. This is a great opportunity to be part of an innovative team while obtaining valuable experience in fast-track project delivery.
Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
Reporting to the Project HSSE Manager, this position is to support the HSSE function and the Project HSSE Manager to develop and implement the Project HSSE Management program. To be successful you will need to ensure effective implementation of the Project HSSE management system. The position will identify opportunities for HSSE improvement, monitor the HSSE performance on the project and implement improvement plans by providing guidance and coaching to project personnel.
In this role, you will undertake the following duties:
· Maintain and ensure compliance with the HSSE Management system on the Project in line with Legal, Client and Kent requirements.
· Provide support and guidance on effective HSSE risk management on the project.
· Ensure Project specific HSSE legal requirements are communicated and evaluated for effective implementation.
· Implement the Project leading and lagging indicators and monitor the performance regularly.
· Monitor Project Environmental Aspects & Impacts.
· Ensure the specific Project HSSE Procedures are fully implemented on the project.
· Ensure the project assurance process is fully implemented and trends identified are communicated to all staff.
· Monitor involvement of project management team and supervision in the HSSE Program.
· Conduct internal audits to assure compliance with the HSSE Management system and the international standards. (ISO 14001, 45001).
· Monitoring the implementation of an effective inspection procedures to ensure proper and timely inspection, testing and color-coding is performed in accordance with the project inspection matrix.
· Ensure HSSE Communications and consultation is implemented in accordance with the project requirements.
· Support the Project HSSE Manager to report and investigate all incidents in a timely manner on the incident reporting portal.
· Complete investigations and ensure effective RCA and sufficient corrective actions to prevent recurrence are implemented.
· Validating the effective closeout of corrective actions in a timely manner and report back to the Project HSSE Manager on the status.
· Support the Project HSSE Manager with information required for the monthly report.
· Monitor the effectiveness of the HSSE training program.
· Monitor the performance of HSSE staff under your control.
· Support HSSE Staff on site with the day-to-day management of their respective sites.
· Support the continual professional development of the HSSE team.
· Ensure work area environment is maintained safe through the pro-active enforcement of HSSE rules and regulations. Consult with Construction management to ensure good, safe and healthy work atmosphere.
Education and Skills
· NEBOSH IGC or NQF/NVO level 3-5 Certificate.
· 7 plus years’ construction experience (in same level role preferred).
· An assertive proactive self-starter with a record of accomplishment as a successful leader.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to lead a team.
· Ability to build positive and productive relationships with diverse groups of people; thrives in a collaborative and challenging team environment.
· Solid planning, organizing and negotiating skills; can manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and respond to changing priorities.
We foster an environment where you are challenged professionally and empowered to take the lead on your career development with the support and guidance of our leaders. We’re committed to making sure that every single person uses their time with us to gain valuable experience and skills for their future, so why not pursue your career with us today!
Kent | The Energy Within