Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging. Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting a HR Advisor on a permanent basis. You will be responsible to deliver highly technical and professional HR Services to our employees in a supportive and responsive way. The role has a direct reporting line to the UK HRBP. The HR Advisor will work closely with the HRBP and colleagues to support effective migration of HR services into our new Kent HR team. We have an exciting 2022 ahead of us and the incumbent will be a motivated and experienced HR Professional who can manage the day-to-day requirements of the business, whilst establishing themselves as a credible change agent, supporting the establishment of localized HR provision across multiple sites within the UK.
The HR Advisor will support the HRBP by making sure we can deliver a practical service for our UK bases employees. We need someone who can grow with us, gradually moving through the job family and taking on responsibility for HR Operations support in areas such as employee welfare and case management and gain experience managing change projects and getting exposure with the UK Leadership team.
Culture, Systems and Structure
- Collaborate across the HR and Recruitment team to generate offers of employment, with a focus on applicability of related allowances and other applicable benefits;
- Develop and maintain periodic human resources reports for management, utilizing standard HR-related metrics.
- Develop, update, implement and/or communicate personnel policies and procedures in compliance with standard HR practices, laws and regulations.
- Drive the execution of HR services in the areas of HR case management, administration, and any associated links to payroll activity
- Establish, maintain and review standard procedures;
- Ensure that we maintain accurate organisational structures by managing employment changes within the system
- Escalate where appropriate any concerns to HRBP;
- Ensure that all procedures within Kent Management System (KMS / Quality Procedures)
- Support the HRBP where necessary with preparation for training in relation to HR Procedures and Structures
- Contribute to the Review and development of the local HR File Sharing System & Intranet to ensure that all key HR Policies, Procedures, Forms, Structures and Guidelines are available to Line Managers and HR Teams as appropriate
- Drive the orientation excellence plans to educate Managers and new hires on HR policies, internal procedures and regulations
- Monitor employee engagement and champion Kent’s Culture projects for the region
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of local labor law and compliance requirements
- Champion talent management processes, working with HR CoE’s to deliver a local talent strategy
- Be an advocate for Equality, Diversity and Inclusion by promoting good relations and best practices
- Work with all the stakeholders to support the deployment of the HRIS system
- Become the subject matter expert and competent to the level of ‘Super User’ on HRIS.
- Identify and develop a network of Super Users across Kent and leverage this expertise for ongoing training
- Run any required reports and strive for continuous improvement of the system
- Approve new users access and security profiles in accordance with agreed parameters.
- Facilitate provide appropriate training for new and existing users including guidance notes and training manuals
- Monitor the performance of users and the corresponding quality of response of the support service.
- Internal Auditing & Compliance Monitoring
- Act as HR Point of contact for audit compliance of HR Procedures and Structures
- Monitor data integrity and user compliance for HRIS
- Monitor existing policies, procedures and structures as fit for purpose.
- Assist with payroll processing
- Conducts exit interviews, identifying trends and recommend actions to address concerns;
- Prepare, validate and issue High Level Monthly HR Reports as required
- Provide bespoke ad-hoc reports as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- CIPD Qualified preferable
- A minimum of 3 years relevant Human Resources experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication and skills.
The first six months of this role will require the role holder to be comfortable working through ambiguity as we migrate the HR services away from the current TSA (Transitional Services Arrangement) that we have with the previous owners. We will be working to establish HR services which will include the development of Policy, Process and our Operating Model. Resilience of the role holder will be critical to our shared success.
- Critical thinker with constructive approach to problem solving. Will have the ability to identify issues and opportunities,
- A focus and dedicated approach to providing effective customer service.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and discretion when handling confidential information.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural competencies.
- Well organized with the demonstrated ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be professional, calm, flexible, resilient, solution oriented, and creative.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PPT, Visio) as well as capacity to operate in databases including HRIS, etc.
Details about the role: