Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Reporting to the HSSE Supervisor, the HSSE officer will support the HSSE team with coordinating, and implementing of the Project HSSE Management program. Provide support in the field to Project and Operation teams in all aspects of safety, occupational health, and environmental issues. Monitoring the Project objectives and targets to ensure the objectives are fully implemented and met on site. The HSSE Officer will be hands-on support to resolve any HSSE matters on site. The position will identify opportunities for HSSE improvement, and monitor the status of HSSE program implementation on site.
- Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the project HSSE requirements, specifically the HSSE plan and ensure full implementation and compliance on site. Ensure the Project HSSE plan is fully communicated and a copy is available on site for use by project staff.
- Communication of HSSE Policy, applicable legal requirements, HSSE information and lessons learned to all project personnel / in the area of responsibility. Ensure employees are aware of the HSSE Bulletins and the notice boards are constantly updated with the relevant HSSE information.
- Attend HSSE meetings as per the requirement of the Project HSSE plan.
- Facilitate and provide support and guidance on effective HSSE risk management in your area of responsibility by performing daily reviews on StepBack, and Job Hazard Assessments (JHA)
- Promote Hazard identification and reporting on site and identity unsafe working conditions and behaviours.
- Closely monitor the compliance with a permit to work system as applicable on work sites.
- Ensure the full implementation of the waste management plan and ensure waste is discarded correctly.
- Ensure the emergency response preparedness plan is fully implemented and employees are aware of the emergency protocols. Be part of the ERP and support drills as per the agreed scenarios and schedules.
- Perform Level 1 HSSE inspections as stated in the project HSSE Plan and report back to the HSSE supervisor on your findings.
- Ensure all HSSE inspections, testing and colour-coding are performed in accordance with the project inspection matrix. Ensure all defects are identified and reported to the respective supervisor.
- Ensure all employees have the relevant competencies and certification to perform their work i.e., crane drivers, equipment operators, etc.
- When an incident occurs, report it promptly, preserve the incident area and support the investigation in gathering the required data.
- Ensure all corrective actions from incident investigations are effectively implemented on time.
- Ensure employees have the relevant HSSE training for the work at hand in accordance with the Project HSSE Training matrix.
- Ensure constant communication is maintained with the construction team and advice is given on HSSE best practices.
- Advice/guide site employees on selection, use, limitations, maintenance, and storage of personal protective equipment and monitor the performance.
- Monitor safe transportation, storage, handling and disposal of chemicals on site as applicable.
- Ensure Toolbox talks are effectively performed as per the project requirements in the applicable languages and report back to HSSE Supervisor on any shortfalls.
- Constantly hunting for hazards and risks on site and searching for opportunities to improve HSSE on site.
- Monitor subcontractor's HSSE compliance with Kent PLC HSSE rules and regulations on site and provide feedback to project management.
- Ensure unsafe work is stopped in line with the company requirements, and such unsafe work is recorded and reported to the construction team and the HSSE Supervisor.
- Ensure you strive for continual improvement in your career by constantly reviewing your professional development with your supervisor.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- You will have as a minimum the below skills
- You will have good field experience in hands-on risk management.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deliver safe moments to the team.
- Ability to build positive and productive relationships with diverse groups of people; thrives in a collaborative and challenging team environment.
- Must be able to comfortably address HSSE matters with the required Site management.
- Must understand the basic requirements of RCA and have good Investigation skills.
- Be able to spot unsafe work conditions or behaviour and act on it accordingly.
- NVQ, NFQ Level 3 Qualification, IOSH, OSHA 30
- Plus, a minimum of 3 years experience.
- External - Client Representatives, Sub-contractor’s Representatives.
- Internal - Site Construction Manager, Construction Supervision, Project HSSE Supervisor/Superintendent/Manager Sub-ordinates, and other department managers / heads on project site.
- You will directly report to the project HSSE Supervisor/Superintendent/Manager.
As the project HSSE Supervisor, you will have the following core competencies.
- Have knowledge of Construction field implementation of HSSE requirements.
- Knowledge and a good understanding of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001
- Must have good experience and understanding of how to implement HSSE requirements in the field.
- Must be able to perform thorough site inspections and have the ability to close them out in a timely fashion.
- Understand the principles of risk management/HIRA.