We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
An engineering degree, honours or equivalent in civil, mechanical, structural naval architecture or similar.
• Demonstrable experience in producing detailed designs and good understanding of local and global analytical processes of offshore structures.
• Experience of working with local and geographically disparate teams and resources. Able to motivate self and teams, deal with conflict and create a strong delivery culture.
• Proven success in structural projects against external and internal time, cost and quality objectives. Experience in participating in appropriate project governance and project management reporting.
• Offshore structural analysis experience of jackets, floating and subsea systems – particularly using SACS/SESAM software.
• Technical understanding of environmental wave loading and/or vessel motions.
• Experience of partaking in elements of bids and engaging directly with clients.
• Ability to report, interpret and communicate the engineering implications of complex analysis results to colleagues and clients, including the implications of problems encountered in the delivery of work.
• Excellent report writing skills and experience in the delivery of technical presentations to external clients.
• Understanding of structural engineering first principals, this is a technical role.
• Management, assessment and analysis of designs, modifications and anomalies.
• Linear and non-linear FEA experience in ABAQUS and USFOS and other comparable software packages is preferred.
• Background in offshore structural integrity service delivery is advantageous
• Chartered status with a recognized engineering institution is considered advantageous
• Some work outside normal office hours may be necessary. Travel to and from client sites and/or temporary secondment to client’s offices may also be required with opportunities for international travel