Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent are hiring Electricians for an upcoming project in Port Arthur, TX. Plan, layout, install, and repair wiring, conduit, electrical fixtures, apparatus and control equipment. Troubleshoot electrical problems. Measure, cut bend, thread assemble and install electrical conduit using such tools as hacksaw, pipe threader and conduit bender. Measures, cuts, splices and installs cable trays and wire trays. Splices wire by stripping insulation from terminal leads with electrical knife or pliers, twisting or soldering wires together and applying tape or terminal caps. Connect wires to power equipment such as electrical motors, switch gears and transformers. Test continuity of circuits using equipment such as VOM, Megger, Amp Meter, etc.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience: Qualifications/Certification:Basic Qualifications:
- Prepares sketches showing location of wiring and equipment or follows diagrams or blueprints.
- Analyzes project electrical needs and determines design.
- Respond to all types of electrical emergencies that may occur.
- Directs and leads the work of others.
- Maintains work area in a clean and safe condition. Complies with company and OSHA safety policies and regulations as well as NFPA70E
- Properly mounts and install assigned electrical work, conduit, electrical tray, wires and devices.
- Must be able to work from all type of ladders
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, assembles and installs electrical conduit using such tools as a hacksaw, pipe threader and conduit benders.
- Pulls wiring through conduit, assisted by helper.
- Splices wires by stripping insulation from terminal leads with knife or pliers, twisting or soldering wires together and applying tape or terminal caps.
- Connects wiring to lighting fixtures and power equipment using hand tools.
- Installs control and distribution apparatus, such as switches, relays and circuit- breaker panels, and fastens in place with crews or bolts using hand or power tools.
- Connects power cables to equipment and installs grounding leads.
- Tests continuity of circuit to insure electrical compatibility and safety of components using testing instruments such as VOM, Megger, Amp Meter, etc.
- Observes functioning of installed equipment or system to determine hazards and need for adjustments, relocation, or replacement.
- Disassembles and repairs defective electrical equipment or systems.
- Loads, transports and unloads material, tools, equipment and supplies.
- Maintains tools and equipment.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Craft certification or relevant certification with experience.
- May require a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 36+ months documented field experience at Helper 3 level in chosen craft discipline.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions and document, plan and perform work activities independently.
- The degree of job responsibilities and requirements may vary depending on months of experience.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
- Be able to distinguish colors.
- Knowledge of certain procedures such as LOTO, etc.
- Responsible for observing and complying with all safety and project rules.
- Rate information using personal judgment or standards that can be measured or checked.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often.
- Perform arithmetical operations rapidly and accurately.
- See detail in objects or drawings as 3-dimensional objects.
- Work at heights without fear.