Join us. Unleash your energy within. If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting an Electrical Commissioning Specialist with planning experience for upcoming pipeline of regional projects.
Key Reporting Relationships:
- Direct report to the Commissioning Area Lead for planning and execution management support.
- Indirect report to the Commissioning Discipline Lead for technical support.
- Directs and supervises the electrical commissioning execution team in assigned plant areas ensuring full alignment and coordination with other discipline activities in the area.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- System Owner for electrical systems and sub systems within the Area as detailed by the Commissioning Area Lead.
- Fully integrated with CMT, Start-Up and BTPO through all phases of the project to initial plant operation, ensuring a seamless handover to Operations and acceptance of the facilities.
- Instructs, supervises and provides technical direction to electrical technician teams, vendors and specialist subcontractors/third party personnel to deliver to Static & Dynamic Commissioning targets.
- Supports the Area Commissioning Leads on electrical commissioning issues.
- Accountable for maintaining the electrical commissioning teams performance, efficiency, productivity and delivery to schedule.
- Detailed work preparation including job packs, materials, tools plant and equipment.
- Work planning, resource planning and forecasting, including Level 5 planning development and support.
- Progress and productivity reporting against the Area schedules and ISCT performance metrics.
- Support maintenance of the Systems Completion Database and Planning interface for MC and Commissioning progress tracking, reporting certification, and quality purposes.
- Understanding of and works in accordance with Project design, standards and specifications, the Systems Completion Plan and Control Procedures.
- Ensures all test documentation, records, as-builts and related Commissioning and Handover documentation is completed correctly and comprehensively (supported by TO/HO team ).
- Support development of Commissioning (Static & Dynamic) Management Procedures, Systems Acceptance Procedures/Progress Monitoring, Turnover and Completion Packages, and provide input to Start-up and Operating Procedures.
- Identify and manages electrical discipline commissioning needs for tools , test equipment , plant, spares etc.
- Ensure the right resource levels and technical skills are assigned to meet the Area’s schedule and commissioning execution requirements.
- Ensure required competencies and work standards are maintained in the team and any deficiencies are addressed.
- Coordinates with the Electrical Commissioning Lead for scheduling, call out, direction and control of vendors or third party commissioning specialist.
- Area Blue Room regular attendance and reporting.
- Support the TO/HO team with MC Turnover from Construction, and with the Handover of Commissioned Systems to Operations.
- Ensuring that equipment and systems are fully commissioned at Handover, and ready to operate in compliance with the TCP.
- Interface with Company Safety Advisor and Contractor Safety Officers to ensure a safe and environmentally sound job area.
- Responsible for Safety and Environmental controls for activities in all buildings, systems and zones within their areas of activity under ISCT Care, Custody and Control (support from ISCT HSE team).
- Assurance of required permitting, isolations, zero energy states and full compliance with ISCT and Area Prime Safe Working practices, methods and processes including JSA’s / FLRA’s / Toolbox talks etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- College technical diploma and/or equivalent discipline/vocational qualification or 10+ years of relevant and transferable electrical commissioning experience, preferably in an Oil and Gas Environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Project Completion standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria.
- Established track record in supervision of large teams through Mechanical Completion, Commissioning, Start Up and initial plant operations.
- Proven strong technical skills in discipline subject matter.
- Strong understanding of work planning, scheduling and tracking.
- Demonstrated work ethic with delivery focus with strong organizational ability.
- Exposure to Oil Company practices, processes, and expectations with respect to Systems Completion, Preservation, Commissioning and Start Up operations.
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as required to function effectively within a project team and to communicate with project management, contractors, and sub‑contractors.