Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
KENT is a leading provider of digital solutions for the energy sector, specializing in oil & gas and renewables industries. We focus on digital engineering, IOC, asset lifecycle management, EPC4.0, and digital asset development to streamline operations and optimize performance for our clients. Our team of experts is committed to delivering exceptional service, driving innovation, and promoting sustainability in the energy sector.
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced Unity developer to join our team and contribute in the development of our industrial metaverse. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in C# programming, multiplayer solutions, and MMO-styled architecture, as well as a deep understanding of Unity's tools and systems. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and optimizing network solutions for our Unity multiplayer application for Construction and Operations, and ensuring the highest quality performance across multiple projects.
• Develop and maintain network systems and architecture for Unity multiplayer solutions, leveraging expertise in C# programming and Unity tools and systems.
• Design and implement scalable online services, client/server and peer-to-peer architectures, data replication, and cloud, PC, and console platform services and APIs.
• Utilize experience in multiplayer simulation and MMO-styled architecture (Photon) to create robust network systems.
• Build and adapt backend networking solutions for Unity multiplayer simulation.
• Consistently follow best practices, development processes, documentation, and coding standards.
• Identify and debug network issues across multiple projects.
• Assist in the development of robust Unity network systems.
• Develop Unity plugins and work with Unity's Data Oriented Tech Stacks (DOTS).
• Optimize and refactor cloud database systems connected to unity application for improved performance.
• Understand and apply multi-threaded principles in your work.
• Use software development environments and associated tools such as Visual Studio, Perforce, and JIRA.
• Develop networking solutions using Unity's DOTS Net code.
• Understand and work with graphics pipeline, Universal Render Pipeline (URP), and Scriptable Render Pipeline (SRP).
• Work with Unity's build pipeline to ensure seamless deployment and integration.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
• Computer science, or any relevant education
• Excellent English oral and written communication and skills.
• Solid C# programming skills.
• Extensive experience with Unity, including tools and systems for network functionality.
• In-depth knowledge of scalable online services, client/server and peer-to-peer architectures, data replication, and cloud, PC, and console platform services and APIs.
• Proven experience in multiplayer Immersive solutions and associated technology.
• Experience developing MMO-styled architecture (Photon).
• Strong understanding of multi-threaded principles.
• Knowledge of software development environments and associated tools (i.e., Visual Studio, Perforce, JIRA).
• Familiarity with Unity's Data Oriented Tech Stacks (DOTS), Unity networking with DOTS Net code, Universal Render Pipeline (URP), and Scriptable Render Pipeline (SRP).
• Proficient in refactoring and optimizing cloud database systems.
• Experience in 4D/5D, visualization, simulation
• Experience in PowerBi, Alteryx, Tableau
• Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• Strong communication and teamwork skills.
• RPA, 3D modeling Tools, Data acquisition and integration, UI/UX is a good addition
• 3-5 years of experience in 3D visualization development
• Industrial Metaverse familiarity
Details about the role:
Relocation required: No
Travel required: No
Contract type: Permanent
Experience level: 3-5 years