Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the role:
The candidate’s responsibilities focus on the budgetary control system for projects, through the preparation of numerous cost reports, monitoring and commitment to budget and forecast. The candidate will be required to regularly interface with project managers, contractors, project team members in order to maintain accurate, updated information on project cost/budgets.
A detail-oriented self-starter, the candidate will demonstrate strong teamwork, problem-solving, organizational and communication skills in order to work effectively with multiple departments as well as various internal and external customers.
- Responsible to control and monitor project total expenditure including verifying and checking of invoices and claims from suppliers, vendors and subcontractors to ensure that all project expenditures are captured and properly recorded.
- Responsible for supporting the development and ongoing maintenance of the overall project controls infrastructure to include Work Breakdown Structure, Overall Project Plan, Code of Accounts, Project Estimate, Budgets, Project Schedule and resource requirements to execute the project.
- Initializing budgetary control system and documentation for projects.
- Preparing forecasts, cost trend reports and monitoring cost and commitment to budget and forecast.
- Provide planning and cost-controlling support for all projects which includes variation reporting, monitoring of milestone progress to the preparation of customer billing processes, etc.
- Provide cost control advice to the internal Project Management team as and when required. Attend project meetings and discussions with the Project Management team and external clients.
- Perform project costing-related reporting to the team and management’s review on a monthly basis to ensure that expenditures are kept within the project budget.
- Monitoring man-hours and cost progress.
- Preparing reports on deviations, under-runs and overruns.
- Carrying out the necessary research and assembling all information regarding the cost situation.
- Maintaining change control and the change order register as well as cost reports, change registers, contract and bulletin registers.
- Determining the selection of work procedures and making recommendations for improvements.
- Ensuring that all reports are presented on time.
- University or college graduation in Engineering, Accounting, or Business Administration with a minimum of five (5) years of related experience on EP projects.
- Experience in taking the leadership role in progress analysis, project administration in project controls, supporting internal and external reporting to management, updating databases on the progress of the projects, analyzing the work done by engineers and publishing reports to the customer across a suite of Oil Sands mining small sustaining capital type projects.
- Demonstrated previous experience of understanding the engineering process, able to set up a project at the start, with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated previous experience in creating projects, creating orders, monitoring deliverables, monitoring the progress against the hours and monitoring costs.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access).
- Detail-oriented and trustworthy.
- Self-starter, independent worker who is able to work well with minimal supervision.
- Fast worker with the ability to work well under stress.
- Strong teamwork, problem-solving, organizational and communication skills.
- CCP/T from AACEI is a plus.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.