Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Consultant Process Safety Engineer who will be responsible for coordinating the production of engineering deliverables and providing progress reporting for a project in accordance with the project plan. Typically, supervises a team of engineers to address all Process Safety specific requirements within the project. May undertake discrete specialist studies / technology reviews under supervision. Liaises with other disciplines to achieve design consistency. Supports the project management team in planning and identifying technical issues which could limit progress or impact project budgets. Interfaces with the client. Supports the group manager with the development of engineers and ensuring technical excellence.
The Consultant Process Safety Engineer is typically accountable to the Project Management Team, depending on size and complexity of the Project. Corporate reporting line is to respective Departmental / Group Manager.
This is part of a recruitment drive during 2022-3 to develop and grow our Front End and General Engineering capability in the UK. We are seeking high caliber people for this key Engineering role that have talent, enthusiasm and drive to influence and be part of our exciting expansion plan. The UK Engineering group will support a variety of interesting and challenging opportunities in Low Carbon / Energy Transition (CCUS, Green Hydrogen, Blue Hydrogen, Offshore Wind, Waste to X, Emissions Reduction) as well as responsibly developing traditional international energy projects. Being confidently hands on particularly during 2022-3 as we grow, collaborative (including international workshare and teamworking) and committed to a long-term career within a high performing and close team are some of the key qualities we are seeking.
We operate a hybrid working model with a mix of office and home working, for our team to develop an effective team dynamic within Engineering.
· Consultant Process Safety engineer or reporting to the lead engineer (larger projects) on a feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC project
· Can be technically responsible within a project for all engineering work. Allocating, supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
· Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high-profile issues without support and effectively communicating with project engineers, project management, clients and senior management
· Supervises, reviews and checks the Process Safety activities
· Identifying and resolving discrepancies and divergences from original proposal / contract by raising technical queries and/or identifying trends and changes within the framework of management of change
· Participates in factory acceptance tests
· Participates in multi-engineering design reviews and provides all necessary Process Safety input and support to the close-out of actions
· Reviews ITB documents submitted as the proposal. Identifies a clear scope of work, prepares and reviews the manhour estimates, inputs to the project execution plan and schedule. Supervises preparation of the Process Safety TDR
· Can be responsible for the planning / scheduling the Process Safety activities and identify manpower requirements through the project. Liaises with Process group manager for allocation of resources
· Ensures compatibility and compliance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements within the scope of client specifications and requirements
· Ensures compliance with Kent’s ISO accredited QMS, and project specific procedures, guides and standards
· Contributes to employee performance development, identifies employee strengths and weaknesses and recommends and provides training and development requirements in consultation with Process group manager
· May support group manager in the recruitment process
· Performs related duties as and when instructed by Process group manager
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Typically, holds a Master’s Degree in chemical engineering or post-graduate Process Safety qualification.
· Chartered status preferred.
· Significant related experience of working for engineering / client organisations in the oil and gas industry.
· Excellent coordination, monitoring and supervisory skills.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Tactful in resolving issues.
· Cost awareness.
· Proactive approach.
· Alertness and attention to detail.
· Team player.
· Good written and spoken communication skills.
· Exposure to consultancy, FEED / detailed design and EPC projects.
· In depth knowledge of applicable international and industry specifications, standards and codes.
· Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practice.
· Activity scheduling and priorities.