Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
As a Construction Area Superintendent, you will ensure good supervision of the work and personnel for assigned areas and activities on long-term revalidation project of existing LNG facilities in Port Arthur, TX. Ideal candidate has experience with turnaround, shutdown and CapEx work on Brownfield projects. Your Responsibilities:
- Organize and assign work to trade foreman/charge hands or new.
- Plan and report requirements for manpower, materials and equipment.
- Co-ordinate works with other supervisors, contracts, and subcontractors daily to minimize work interferences.
- Instruct personnel in good housekeeping and safety practices.
- Maintain work rules and workforce discipline.
- Monitor and control construction work progress within the assigned area's schedule.
- Maintain an appropriately detailed and accurate diary of the construction work accomplished.
- Organize and direct the workforce to accomplish construction efficiently, effectively, and safely.
- Observe the subcontractor’s operations and record daily accomplishments, problems, and workforce and equipment usage. Take remedial action on shortcomings in coordination with the responsible Manager.
- Measure performance and certify progress payment reports.
- Inspect materials and equipment as installed for compliance with contract plans and specifications.
- Ensure acceptable S/E ratio is maintained.
- Ensure installation is of a standard to avoid Quality and Safety violations.
- Discuss and assess problems encountered by the staff on site. Assess the need for additional labor, supervision, and equipment input during construction.
- Ensure that work methods are up to date, efficient and in accordance with company and client safety policies and Health and Safety requirements.
- Ensure construction / installation keeps to budget / plan.
- Investigate and account for any deviations from budget Manhours.
- Ensure exporting and control procedures are operated correctly on all sites under your control.
- Establish and maintain good relationships with clients.
- Set an example of loyalty, enthusiasm, and hard work in performing all duties.
Your Knowledge/skills, education and experience:
- Diploma / With a Recognized Technical Qualification from the country of origin
- 5 Years’ Experience in trades.