Join us. Unleash your energy within. If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting a Commissioning Manager based in Texas for large pipeline of upcoming regional projects.
Key Reporting Relationships:
- Reports to the Project Manager on budgetary matters and progress
- Liaises with the Start-up Manager to develop Systems Completion strategies, execution plans and procedures that are aligned with start-up strategies.
- Coordinates/supervises the activities of the Commissioning Leads and Support/Services team.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Identifies resource needs at key project phases and to develop Integrated Systems Completion Team organization.
- Applies Systems Completion Lesson Learned from previous projects.
- Creates Systems Completion Planning execution plan defining methodology for all aspects of commissioning planning and ensures that it is followed.
- Is responsible for coordinating the creation of the Systems Completion Plan utilizing the commissioning planners, area leads and discipline leads
- Attend all contract meetings (engineering, MICC, fabrication, construction, vendor etc.) to represent commissioning and to ensure that schedule and costs are set aside to allow commissioning to carried out adequately.
- Manages creation of the system completions budget inclusive of all commissioning planning, execution, support services, vendors, spares, temporary equipment etc.
- Manages creation of the system completions strategy, system completions plan, all system completions procedures, check sheets, dynamic testing procedures and system completions database.
- Manage creation of commissioning schedule risk analysis exercises and have ownership of the commissioning risk & mitigation register.
- Sets up and defines the interfaces between engineering and system completions and ensures continuous alignment between systems completion and Project Engineering inclusive of system interfaces and engineering work package schedule aligns with commissioning schedule.
- Ensures alignment with Project Engineering, Construction, Quality, Procurement and Start Up/Operations.
- Subject matter expert and resource to the Project pertinent to Systems Completion activities.
- Manage creation and owns the commissioning reporting structure inclusive of all aspects.
- Sets up and defines the interfaces then coordinates and interfaces with PE’s, CMT, Turnover Handover Superintendent, Start-Up Team, and Operations to ensure Construction and Start-up Teams are fully conversant with the Systems Completion Model.
- Creates and owns the commissioning milestones for the planning, fabrication, construction and commissioning & start-up phases.
- Manage regular commissionability audits of commissioning progress at regular time intervals during FEED, detailed design, fabrication, construction and CSU phases.
- Monitors static and dynamic commissioning activities, assists in resolution of systems completion related issues to ensure satisfactory quality is attained.
- Coordinates Systems Completion interfaces between PT and EPC Contractors to facilitate successful commissioning and hand-over.
- Supervise the commissioning ensuring work is conducted in a safe and proper manner in accordance with the commissioning schedule.
- Assists in the seamless transition of the facilities from Project to Operations.
Qualifications and Experience:
- College / University degree and/or technical diploma or 10 years of Project Completion and Operations experience.
- Previous successful commissioning management experience during Planning, Mechanical Completion, Commissioning, and Operations planning.
- Previous successful commissioning management experience during FEED and detail design phases.
- In-depth knowledge of Project Completion standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria. As well as facilities commissioning and Start-Up operations.
- Expert technical skills and judgment.
- Strong understanding of work planning, scheduling and tracking.
- Demonstrated ability to develop successful working relationships and become a team player.
- Ability to work in harsh environments, in stressful situations, and during unsociable hours.
- Proficient in MS Office suite of software programs.
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as required to function effectively within a project team and to communicate with project management, contractors, and sub‑contractors.