Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the role:
Kent is looking for a High Voltage Specialist responsible for high voltage electrical power installations in Kitimat, British Columbia
- Oversee pre-commissioning, commissioning, and energization activities of 287kV, 72kV HV electrical equipment
- Supervise, coordinate, and provide technical direction as required to HV electrical technicians while they perform all necessary HV equipment testing procedures and requirements.
- Develop Commissioning Test Plans, and Check Sheets for 287kV and 72kV electrical equipment such as 287/72kV Power Transformers, 72kV GIS SWG, 287kV & 72kV GIS CB, 287kV & 72kV OH DSW
- Develop safe energization and commissioning procedures and work packs for the 287kV & 72kV electrical packages as well as final turnover packages.
- Develop electrical isolation procedures, ARC Flash risk assessments, Job Hazard Analysis … etc.
- Ensure all documentation is in place as testing is progressing and prepare as required to ensure a safe and seamless commission and energization of the 287kV and 72kV equipment leading to the successful handover of facilities to client Operations staff.
- Assisting with the development of the project completion system and associated documentation.
- Participate in Tri-Party MC inspections and carry out technical review of construction contractor handover documentation to ensure the quality of the works according to client requirements and specifications have been met.
- Tracking and resolving engineering issues with the engineering team.
- Scheduling and planning of manpower resources, test equipment, tools…etc. for HV equipment commissioning and start-up activities.
- Assisting with project schedule planning and development.
- Liaise between the client and HV equipment vendors
- Review tests and vendors reports and proposes follow-up actions if required.
- Progress tracking and reporting of all commissioning activities.
- Management of redlines and final handover documentation.
- Ensure compliance to national/local electrical codes throughout the project duration.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum 6 years experience in high voltage systems and substations testing and operation to include utilizing electrical technical documentation, schematics and electrical circuit and technical drawings
- Working knowledge and experience of the following:
- Siemens double busbar GIS switching procedures.
- SF6 gas procedures.
- Multi-stage capacitor bank with IPO Dead Tank breaker switching procedures.
- 287KV Switchyard switching procedures.
- BC Hydro or Utility provider equivalent experience.
- Highly experienced in using and understanding testing and diagnostic equipment utilized for testing and commissioning high voltage packages such as 287/72kV Power Transformers, 72kV GIS SWG, 287kV & 72kV GIS CB, 287kV & 72kV OH DSW, Protection Relays, HV CT & PT…etc.
- Ability to work well across multiple company departments and contractors in the resolution of issues identified in the field throughout the project duration.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all operational levels of the organization as well as with suppliers and customers, exercising appropriate tact and diplomacy to accomplish objectives
- A strong understanding of varying electrical codes, NETA requirements, IEC standards, NFPA 70E and OSHA regulations
Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook, and various statistical analysis tools.