Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is seeking a civil/structural designer to support their Baytown Office. This position requires a thorough knowledge of civil/structural design. The primary responsibility of this position is to handle and coordinate all civil/structural design activities at the project level, ensuring that all engineering design is completed on schedule, on budget and in accordance with client and company established work procedures and quality. The person in this position must have a positive work ethic, good interpersonal skills and good problem-solving skills.
|Duties and Responsibilities|
- Responsible for ensuring civil/structural project deliverables are checked and meet industry, client and company quality standards.
- Work with civil/structural lead engineer in planning and design layout.
- Meet schedule and budget of civil/structural project design activities.
- Attend project meetings and assist in civil/structural man-hour estimates and staffing forecast.
- Capable of preparing both 2D and 3D design drawings in an accurate manner that meets the industry, client and company quality standards.
- Assist lead engineer to produce investigation report if necessary.
- Keep up to date on new design processes, 2D and 3D modeling, drafting techniques, and standards.
- Develop and recommend improvements in design standards to lower cost and improve work quality and facilitate maintenance.
- Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches or applying existing criteria in novel ways.
- Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used.
- Resolve design issues and problems.
- Contribute to a team environment by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Ensure alignment between all disciplines that are involved with 3D CAD to prepare for model reviews and issue deliverables.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Client Interface as needed per project requirements
|Internal Cross Working Relations (Departmental) |
- Engineering Disciplines (Piping, Mechanical, Process, Stress, I&E)
- Project Management
- Project Controls
- Minimum 5 years of civil/structural design experience preferably in the Oil & Gas industry required.
- In depth knowledge of computer applications for engineering design.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Ability to integrate new technologies into daily work processes.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills required.
- Experience working with other disciplines and understanding their interface requirements.
- Experience with design and/or construction of plants desirable.
- In depth knowledge of civil/structural standards, methods and practices.
- Survey and site experience is a plus.
- Technical Knowledge and SkillsMinimum 5 years experience in refinery, midstream, petrochemical, or other heavy industries required
- Proficient in the following software: AutoCAD, CADWorx, Navisworks.
- Advanced design and construction knowledge required.
- Advanced knowledge of civil/structural layout and design complying with industry standards
- Well versed with OSHA & PIP Standards.
- Computer Skills:Experience in AutoCAD, CADWorx and Navisworks required.
- Ability to generate 3D CAD foundation and steel models required.
- Experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D preferred.
- Knowledge of SmartPlant is a plus.
- MS Office (Excel and Word) required.
|Working Conditions and Physical Strain|
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.