Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We Are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent Kazakhstan Technical Services (KKTS) are currently recruiting a 3GI System Completion Area Discipline Electrical Team Lead responsible for managing a team of Electrical Engineers and Coordinators responsible for the pre-commissioning and commissioning of the 3GI electrical process and LV distribution network for the FGP project.
- Direct and motivate electrical area coordinators and commissioning sub-contractor to align with project priorities and schedule.
- Liaise with Engineering, Operations, Power Operations, Construction, Fabrication and Completions teams on electrical commissioning issues and 3GI scope of work
- Manage Systems Completion Electrical Engineers and Coordinators providing oversight of the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities of project substations, EEO’s (Electrical Equipment Outstations) and power generation plants
- Manage and direct specialist commissioning vendors on site.
- Manage and direct pre-commissioning and commissioning sub-contractor.
- Manage systemization of electrical systems against current drawings for the 3GI electrical process and distribution network scope.
- Review and comment on engineering design changes, deliverables & contracts
- Input and review the 3GI systems completion planning for all aspects of electrical commissioning
- Input to systems completion plans and execution documents
- Manage the development of electrical commissioning procedures and work method statements for 3GI electrical scope.
- Ensure correct assignment of QVDs and check sheets within the SCD.
- Ensure the 3GI electrical generation and distribution system is commissioned in accordance with the Republic of Kazakhstan & Regulatory requirements.
- Attend progress meetings as required with engineering, fabrication, MEIC, operations and power operations.
- Review/agree on vendor testing requirements.
- Ensure required commissioning spare parts are available for all electrical pre-commissioning and commissioning activities. Review SPIRs as required and monitor progress of purchase requisitions and purchase orders to ensure material is supplied when required at site.
- Review current vendor drawings and commissioning documentations
- Actively participate in all required HAZOPs, risk reviews, certification walkdowns and all activities required to ensure safe and successful completion of pre-commissioning and commissioning activities as well as handover to operations.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree / Diploma in Engineering
- Qualified to Degree level
- Be able to implement Chevron’s Systems Completion processes on major capital projects. Knowledge and experience in design, commissioning, and start-up of electrical systems.
- TCO Experience. Capital Project and Team Leadership Experience
- Kazakh, Russian, English (English essential)
- 15 years relevant Oil and Gas industry experience
- Very strong experience commissioning HV / LV switchgear, transformers, UPS systems, variable speed drives, standby diesel generators, power generation plants, electric heat tracing and cathodic (impressed current) protection
- Knowledge and understanding of Incident and Injury Free (IIF) operations including application of these principles in an operating plant or commissioning and start-up environment.
- Operational experience in the use of Process Safety safeguards. Demonstrated performance of proactively addressing safety and potential process safety issues.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical testing and procedures for primary and secondary equipment such as protection relays, circuit breakers, disconnectors, current and voltage transformers
- Ability to work independently and multi-task.
- Excellent troubleshooting capabilities
- Good communicator – effectively communicate at all levels and on with multi disciplined teams on complex topics
- Engage, mentor, support and motivate local staff in their development and integration into the positive values and culture within the group.
- Provide opportunities and guidance that enable the transfer of learning into effective practice for local staff and their managers.
- Assess the skills, values, and knowledge of new and current staff against the standards that apply to their role to devise individual, sector and service development plans.
- Provide learning opportunities related to the assessed needs of staff including induction and induction mentorship and continuing development opportunities, regularly reviewing, and evaluating their experiences over their employment journey.
Details about the role:
Relocation required: No
Travel required: No
Contract type: Rotational