Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that we’re far more than the sum of our parts together. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives and creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
This is Field Service Technician role within a mining environment. You will be part of team that performs telecom maintenance on a fleet of heavy mining equipment and support equipment. You will be working in support shops, mining, tailings, plant and extraction areas throughout both Syncrude’s Mildred Lake and Aurora sites.
You will be responsible for preventative, reactive and break-in maintenance.
This is a six month' assignment.
- Must have great organizational and time management skills.
- Strong understanding of DC power (12v/24v/48v)
- Good troubleshooting skills and the ability to adapt to changes in the field.
- Good understanding of IP networking, RF, Microwave, mesh networks and dispatch systems.
- Strong Computer Skills is mandatory with various software including Putty, Telnet and Microsoft Office Products.
- Ability to drill, tap and mount hardware. Including cutting, fabricating, and assembling steel brackets.
- Ability to follow diagrams and procedures whilst always looking to improve how we can better serve the client.
- Ability to terminate/test
coaxial cable (LMR600/LMR400/LMR195/RG58/Heliax)
- Ability to terminate/test
data cables (CAT5/5e)
- Ability to use a range of test equipment for radio troubleshooting.
- Working at heights experience and confidence is an asset.
- Minimum - Electronics diploma or trade certificate in a related field
- Experience programming wireless radios
- Experience programming tire-monitor systems and distract driving systems
- Experience with Mine Dispatch systems
- Experience with working with Cambium & Cisco Products.
- Experience with mesh networks.
- 2-way radio experience, preferably with Motorola systems.
- Experience with working with Solar & Wind powered systems.
- Astro P25 Certified
- Ability to review system drawings and complete redlines
- Safety sensitive position – the ability to use good judgement when completing work and reporting any safety concerns that arise – (Using Hazard assessment documents/Permits)
- Able to lift 45lbs - This role is physically demanding and requires you to work in some tight and awkward areas for long periods of time (Fit Test will be conducted before being hired)
- Candidate must be able to climb up and down stairs and ladders on Heavy Equipment while carrying tools and materials several times during any task on the unit.
- Strong Reading, Writing and Communication in English is a must.
- Competent driving and winter driving skills– Mine driving experience an asset.
- Able to tow and back up double axle trailers.
- Locals to Fort McMurray preferred; no camp offered for this position.
- Able to work outdoors in all seasons of the year including -40 C conditions (within OHS standards and guidelines)
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
- Overtime may be required, and you will be involved in a on call rotation with other employees.