Join us. Unleash your energy within. If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the Job
Kent is looking for an Electrical Commissioning Lead for a new build chemical plant project in Ontario.
Project - New Build Chemical Plant in Ontario, Canada
- Experience level in these roles should be a minimum of 5 years relevant discipline experience (10+ years is preferable)
- Looking for (as essential skills) strong planning experience as well as good execution experience & Petro-chemical experience (polyethylene cracker as preferred) and/or Utilities plant (Boiler / Cogen Plants).
Key Reporting Relationships:
- Reports to the Commissioning Superintendent.
- Direct supervisor of Electrical Commissioning Specialists assigned to site-wide support.
- Provides technical direction to Electrical Commissioning Specialists assigned to Areas.
- Supports the Area Commissioning Leads and interfaces with PE’s , CMT , MC, Start-Up, and Operations personnel on electrical commissioning issues.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provides technical leadership and expertise to the ISCT team (site-wide).
- Support development of Commissioning (Static & Dynamic) Management Procedures, Systems Acceptance Procedures/Progress Monitoring, Turnover and Completion Packages, and provide input to Start-up and Operating Procedures.
- Supports each Area and the TO/HO team at Turnover from Construction, at Mechanical Completion and at Handover of Commissioned Systems to Operations.
- Verifies that electrical equipment and systems are fully commissioned at Handover, and ready to operate in compliance with the Project design, standards and specifications, the Systems Completion Plan and Control Procedures.
- Direct ownership and execution management of Static & Dynamic electrical commissioning activity resulting in Handover to Operations and providing assistance in Start-Up efforts.
- Identifies and manages electrical commissioning resource needs, tools , test equipment, consumables, spares, etc.
- Ensures the correct resource levels and technical skills are assigned to meet each Area’s schedule and commissioning execution requirements.
- Manages and directs core discipline teams of commissioning specialists, technicians, vendors and specialist subcontractors across all plant areas (as well as at SITs and SATs).
- Ensures appropriate Commissioning, and Handover documentation is completed correctly and comprehensively (supported by TO/HO team ).
- Review and supports development of Electrical Commissioning Plans and Schedules, Level 3 and Level 5 for the assigned plant Area and activities.
- Manages execution of electrical commissioning activity against these plans and schedules to ensure a safe and effective completion of the commissioning and acceptance phase and transition of systems to steady state operations.
- Support maintenance of the Systems Completion Database and Planning interface for MC and Commissioning progress tracking, reporting certification, and quality purposes.
- Progress and productivity reporting against the overall schedules and ISCT performance metrics.
- Overall Responsibility for Safety and Environmental controls for electrical commissioning activities in all buildings, systems and zones under ISCT Care, Custody and Control (support from ISCT HSE team).
- Interface with Company Safety Advisor and Contractor Safety Officers to ensure a safe and environmentally responsible project execution.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Engineering Degree and/or technical diploma and 15+ years of Project Completion, Operations and electrical commissioning and startup experience.
- Established track record in supervision of large teams through Mechanical Completion, Commissioning, Start Up and initial plant operations.
- Proven strong technical skills in electrical commissioning and startup procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of Project Completion standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria.
- Strong understanding of Project execution, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning & Completion practices.
- Demonstrated management and organizational ability for large teams with strong people skills.
- Strong understanding of work planning, scheduling and tracking.
- Demonstrated work ethic with delivery focus with strong organizational ability.
- Exposure to Oil Company practices, processes, and expectations with respect to Systems Completion, Preservation, Commissioning and Start Up operations.
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as required to function effectively within a project team and to communicate with project management, contractors, and sub‑contractors.