Join us. Unleash your energy within. If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the Job
Document Control Lead for a chemical plant in Ontario to supervise and direct document control for operations personnel for a major commissioning project.
KEY REPORTING Relationships
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports to Commissioning Superintendent (Turnover / Handover)
- Supervises and directs Document Control/Documentation For Operations personnel.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Accountable for the distribution and uploading of project documentation for the team.
- Train new employees in Information Management systems requirements for DFO (FD5) turnover documentation
- Create document control processes and work instructions.
- Audit and monitor drawings on a regular basis to ensure documents are kept up to date and proper operating procedures and work instructions are followed.
- Ensure suitability and accuracy of document registers and distribution matrixes.
- Conduct searches in Electronic Document Management (EDM) systems (UDocs, DM, POL & Fusion).
- Manage commissioning scoped drawing issue and control.
- Coordinate with the Construction and Commissioning teams to manage redlines.
- Provide status reports for managers and leads.
- Manage Commissioning RFIs.
- Submit TCPs for external review and issue TCPs for Commissioning.
- Ensure timely processing of documentation.
- Control outgoing project documents by preparing and distributing transmittals and documentation.
- 5 years Document Control experience working in a construction/commissioning environment.
- Supervisory experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word/Excel, with superior data entry accuracy.
- Thorough knowledge of Engineering/Vendor drawings; document records management practices and procedures; EDM systems.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team, while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to organize, plan, and multitask.
- Knowledge of project planning and project deliverables.
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as required to function effectively within a project team and to communicate with project management, contractors, and subcontractors.