Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging. Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is recruiting a Defense Driving Instructor based in Basra, Iraq. You will be responsible in conducting training and deliver all aspects of defensive driving courses.
· To promote the aims and objectives of defensive driving courses
· To conduct the training and delivery of all aspects of the defensive driving courses
· Safe delivery of all elements of the defensive driving courses
· To assist in the design and development of new courses
· Be competent and committed member of the team
· Preparing lessons that are tailored to employee needs.
· Providing instruction on the parts and functions of a vehicle, and on-road regulations.
· Helping employee to develop confidence in their driving skills.
· Gaining control of the vehicle during emergency situations.
· Calming employee who are in distress.
· Documenting and reporting on students' progress.
· Informing employee when they are ready to take the driver's test.
· Reporting all accidents to the Head of driving School
· HSE and Fire Training background experience an advantage
· Valid driving license for the level at which you will be teaching.
· Valid driving instructor's license or certification.
· Proven experience as a driving instructor.
· Clear driving record.
· Clear criminal record
· Excellent verbal and written communication
· Patience and enthusiasm.
· Ability to remain calm under pressure
Location: Basra, Iraq
Relocation required: N/A
Travel required: N/A
Experience level: Minimum of 2 or more years of experience