Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
As the Contracts / Commercial Lead you’ll provide support on the LNG Canada Project in Kitimat, BC. This position reports to the Commercial Manager and is site based during the life of the contract.
• Interaction with the project team, client, consultants, subcontractors, etc. as required, in respect of financial and contractual matters.
• Prepare, review, update and advise on client estimates for scope changes related to construction works.
• Support Procurement efforts of consultants, contractors, suppliers, etc. including pre-qualification, tender analysis, tender reports, and recommendations, etc.
• Review and administration of contract documentation in coordination with project team to identify and monitor Risk and Reward opportunities.
• Prepare correspondence and maintain records and logs for variations, claims, etc. necessary to ensure the effective administration of all financial and contractual matters.
• Review of contractual notices of all types of claims and providing contractual advice to the project delivery team.
• Review and/or evaluate variations, new rates, etc. submitted by consultants and subcontractors, prepare change requests, prepare instructions and variation orders.
• Assist in the preparation of invoices, cost and monthly progress applications and any ad-hoc reports as required by the client.
• Assist with the review of productivity and resource assessments.
• Attend and/or chair commercial meetings and attend design meetings, progress meetings, workshops, etc. as required.
• Any other duties assigned by the Commercial Manager.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying, Commercial Management, Engineering, or related field.
• Professional Membership such as RICS, would be an advantage.
• Experience in quantity surveying, contract administration, project management and construction supervision services.
• Working knowledge of software typically associated with quantity surveying and contract administration.
Experience level: 7+ years post graduate demonstrable experience and minimum of 3+ years in all aspects of quantity surveying and contracts administration/management on Oil and Gas projects.
Strong problem-solving abilities, judgment, and decision-making skills. Strong interpersonal and excellent customer service skills.
Excellent communications (written/verbal) skills.
Details about the role:
Relocation required: N/A
Travel required: Yes
Contract type: Regular Full time