Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent is looking for a Contract Administrator to be based in Woking, UK.
· A member of the Project Management Consultant (PMC) Contract Management Team (CMT) Contract and Supply Chain function reporting to the Head of Contracts and Procurement. Responsible for overseeing and supporting subcontract activities across a portfolio of projects.
· Assist PMC CMT Contract and Supply Chain Department members in the execution of contracts and relevant supply chain matters on projects.
· Assists in monitoring the movement of routine materials through the approval cycle.
· Assist in the implementation of Kent procedures & systems including assisting the Head of Contracts and Procurement and carry out the following tasks:
o Assist in the drafting of any contract correspondence in conjunction with Project Implementation,
o Follow Kent and specific project procedures particularly with respect to contract documentation.
· Where required, assist Head of Contracts and Procurement to negotiate with Client, Contractors and Subcontractors as necessary with respect to claims, procedures and other various items.
· Assist in the timely close out of all commercial and supply chain issues relating to projects under Contract and Supply Chain Department control.
· Help to maintain good relations with Clients, Partners, Contractors, Subcontractors & Governmental Authorities to ensure where possible continuity and repeat orders on a negotiated basis.
· Maintain standards of HSSEQ and comply with Kent’s Integrated Management System requirements.
· Ensure reasonable care is taken of own health and safety and that of others in the workplace.
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Legal/ QS/ Engineering/ Business Qualification to Degree Level.
· A sound understanding of the principles of contracts law and business administration.
· Experience in tender, award and administration of contract packages, preferred but not essential.
· Planning / Implementing material acquisition activities.
· Maintaining contract and supply chain related documents.
· Relevant experience within contracts or supply chain departments.
· Strong negotiation, verbal and written communication skills.
· Oracle/ ERP experience preferred.
· Team player.
· Strong interpersonal and analytical attributes.
· Professional communication skills –Able to communicate with peers, customers, and vendors.
· Contract negotiation.
· Contract Terms & Conditions.
· Package Procurement.
· Business Administration.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds.
As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.