Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our Purpose and Beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging. Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 34 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the role:
As a Construction Superintendent - Construction at Kent, you will play a pivotal role in the successful execution of construction projects in the Oil & Gas sector. This position requires a strong background in civil and structural engineering, extensive experience in construction management, and QBCC certification. The ideal candidate will have risen through the ranks from a trades background, having transferred to a technical competency which provides valuable insights and expertise to our project team
Kent is a leading Engineering, Procurement, and Construction (EPC) contractor specializing in the Oil & Gas sector. We are committed to delivering high-quality projects to our clients while ensuring the safety of our team members and the environment. With a strong foundation in civil, structural, and infrastructure engineering, we are seeking a Construction Superintendent to join our dynamic team.
In this role, you will undertake the following duties:
· Project Management: Lead and oversee the civil, structural, Non-Process Infrastructure or Infrastructure disciplines, as delegated by Construction Manager, on an EPC project from initiation to completion, ensuring they are executed on time, within budget, and in compliance with safety and quality standards.
· Technical Expertise: Apply your civil, structural, and infrastructure knowledge to provide technical guidance to project teams, resolve engineering challenges, and ensure the successful delivery of construction projects.
· Quality Assurance: Implement and maintain rigorous quality control processes to ensure all construction activities meet or exceed industry and client standards.
· Resource Management: Efficiently allocate and manage resources, including labor, equipment, and materials, to optimize project performance.
· Safety Compliance: Champion a culture of safety on-site, ensuring all team members adhere to safety protocols, and proactively identify and mitigate potential risks.
· Client Collaboration: Foster positive client relationships by effectively communicating project progress, addressing concerns, and ensuring client expectations are met or exceeded.
· Budget and Cost Control: Monitor project budgets and control costs to maximize profitability while maintaining project quality and safety.
· Reporting: Prepare and present regular project status reports to senior management, highlighting key performance metrics, issues, and solutions.
· Bachelor’s degree in civil or Structural Engineering. (Preferred but not essential)
· Minimum of 15 years of experience in construction management within the Oil & Gas sector.
· QBCC certification is mandatory.
· Strong background in civil, structural, and infrastructure engineering.
· Trades background and experience is highly desirable.
· Proven track record of successfully managing complex construction projects.
· Excellent communication and leadership skills.
· Proficiency in project management software and tools.
· Values in accordance with the Kent Value Set
· Alignment and commitment to the role
· Inherent ability to develop effective cross functional working relationships at a local and group level.
· Knowledge and skills required for the role including:
· Applied technical knowledge of the upstream oil & gas or petrochemical industry including whole of asset lifecycle experience.
· Highly professional manner with a positive and polite demeanor
· Understanding of Project controls function covering planning (Primavera), cost control, cost management systems, document management systems and Quality Assurance.
· Business leadership capability and / or potential, including working knowledge of management systems and practices
We foster an environment where you are challenged professionally and empowered to take the lead on your career development with the support and guidance of our Leaders. We’re committed to making sure that every single person uses their time with us to gain valuable experience and skills for their future, so why not pursue your career with us today!
Kent | The Energy Within
Applicants must have the right to live and work in Australia.
Don’t wait, Apply NOW!