Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company - future focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector. We respect heritage, talent, hard work and ambition and can offer an environment of truthfulness, optimism, professionalism, and warmth. Are you ready?
At Kent, we are driven by the energy within every member of our 10,000-strong team. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. We employ and empower the best and let them make decisions. Our values define and drive us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
· Strong Health, Safety & Environmental ethos.
· Manage and supervise the Subcontractors / Site Engineers.
· Ensures that all construction works are undertaken to required designs, specification, standards and QHSE requirements.
· Determine labor requirements and dispatch workers to construction sites.
· Obtain all necessary permits and licenses
· Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods
· Take actions to deal with the results of delays, weather, or emergencies at construction site.
· Monitor site progress including installation of required equipment against accepted programs and 2-4 week look ahead.
· Make recommendation where extra sources or alternative work processes are required to maintain or increase performance.
· Responsible for reporting progress of site works to Project Contracts Manager (PCM).
· Monitor Project cost and provide Project Manager (PM)/ PCM with timely identification of deviations from project budget.
· Identify problematic design issues and make recommendations for alternative and cost-effective re-design solutions.
· Ensure the construction schedule is maintained, report on changes and additions to contractual agreements by main contractors, consultants, clients, suppliers and subcontractors.
· Ensure accurate and detailed records are kept of all site activities
· Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out
· Represent company on a day-to-day basis to the client, consultants and sub-contractors.
· Committed to HSE requirements and all applicable legislations and contractual requirements affecting the HSE activities at project site and administrative offices.
Competencies/Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Identify problematic constructability issues and make recommendations for alternative and cost effective re-design solutions.
· All construction works are undertaken to required designs, specification, standards and QHSE requirements.
· 12+ years’ experience in Petrochemical or Oil and Gas project in Construction.
· Experience of working on a O&G Construction project in Iraq
· Degree or Diploma (HND) in relevant technical discipline.
· Work to the highest personal & professional standards to achieve or exceed set objectives.
· Demonstrate a positive attitude and embrace charter values.
· Foster good relationships and team working ethic with sub-contract teams to promote safe
· Working practices and efficiency.
· Experience of working in an integrated team from diverse locations required.