Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
Kent 's Houston office is seeking a Civil/Structural engineer, 3+ years of experience in structural and foundation design, analysis, and resolution of problems. Provide direction and coordination of civil structural design in Oil & Gas, Refining, Power industrial projects.
- Provide structural and foundation design of medium to large size engineering projects under the close supervision of senior level engineer or discipline lead engineer.
- Prepare accurate and complete design calculations as required to meet project requirements.
- Coordinate with other disciplines and assist lead engineer to ensure effective quality project deliverables.
- Conduct field investigations when needed; produce field reports with detailed sketches.
- Keep up to date on new engineering processes, techniques, and IMS and standards.
- Develop and recommend improvements in engineering and design standards to lower cost and improve work quality and facilitate maintenance.
- Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used.
- Resolve project issues and problems.
- Contribute to a team environment by accomplishing related results in a cooperative and supportive manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Your Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- BS degree in structural engineering from ABET Accredited Program.
- Higher advanced degrees highly preferred (Masters; PHD).
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word).
- Working knowledge of Staad Pro and Staad Foundation, RISA 3D.
- AutoCAD 2D/3D
- Familiar with commonly used civil/structural engineering standards and codes including but not limited to IBC, ACI, AISC, and ASCE codes as well as commonly used civil/structural engineering software.
- Strong mathematics and structural mechanics background is ideal.
Internal Cross Working Relations (Departmental)
- Engineering Disciplines
- Piping Design / 3D CAD
- Project Management
- Project Controls
External Working Relations (external to Kent)
- Client interface as needed per project requirements
- Previous experience in petrochemical, midstream or other heavy industries preferred but not required.
- Strong mathematics and structural mechanics background
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of civil/structural computer applications for analysis and design.
- Ability to integrate new technologies into daily work processes
- Experience working with other disciplines understanding their interface requirements.
- Experience with design and/or construction of plants desirable.
- In depth knowledge of civil/structural standards, methods and practices.