Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their own potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the largest projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs in the most responsible way ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognise that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness on the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by different nationalities, across 6 continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character – no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
We are seeking applications from experienced professionals to join our world class Safety team as a Chief Engineer for Technical Safety, with the potential to grow into one of our Subject Matter Experts.
Foremost amongst your attributes will be your ability to act as technical lead for a range of safety work, your passion to develop junior engineers and your ability to communicate with colleagues and clients.
Does this sound like you? In which case, we’d love you to apply for this role.
As part of a leading consultancy, you will successfully lead delivery of Safety commissions and develop our capability. You will be supporting our clients and their ongoing operations, within high hazard industries such as Oil & Gas, Low Carbon and Renewables industries and through the energy transition.
· Support and mentoring more junior engineers to further develop their skill and application of technical safety principles
· Developing strong ties with global clients and winning work across a range of high hazard industries
· Management of projects to ensure work-scopes are delivered in compliance with agreed scope, budgets and schedules
· Providing technical leadership on bespoke safety studies such as QRA, Formal Safety Assessments, COMAH, DSEAR, etc
· Authorship, review and approval of technical reports
· Facilitation of and participation in HAZID, HAZOP, LOPA and other risk management workshops
· Development and ownership of methodologies for the full spectrum of technical safety studies carried out within the team
· The opportunity to grow into a Subject Matter Expert, responsible for:
· Supporting the Discipline Technical Authority (TA) in the further development of the global technical community
· Identifying gaps and opportunities for improvements in our technical tools, standards and procedures.
· Promoting the wider capability within the business
· Developing guidance for career paths and training programs
Your knowledge/skills, education, and experience:
· Degree qualified in a relevant engineering (or related) subject.
· Chartered with a relevant institution.
· Extensive experience in risk identification, assessment and management.
· In depth knowledge of QRA, functional safety and other safety techniques, including consequence and frequency analyses, fault tree analyses, bowtie development.
· Good understanding and application of relevant legislation and industry standards, such as COMAH, DSEAR, Safety Case Regulations, PFEER, etc.
· Ability to prepare technical reports to a high standard.
· Ability to review and approve work.
· Ability to provide advice on technical issues.
· Preparation of proposals and cost estimates for studies.
· Ability to demonstrate excellent time-management skills with proven ability to work to deadlines.
· Experienced in leading multidisciplinary teams of engineers in delivery of complex technical work scopes.
· Experience in mentoring of more junior engineers.
· Experience in a client-facing role, showing an understanding of commercial challenges relevant to a consultancy business, confident in selling services and winning work.
· Willingness to travel within the UK and internationally for short terms assignments to support our client’s projects.
Note that our team works across high hazard industries including Oil & Gas, Low Carbon and Renewable industries. We welcome applications from safety specialists in any of these areas and do not necessarily expect you to demonstrate experience in all sectors. This role would be Principal or Chief Engineer level depending on experience.
The team is largely based in Glasgow, though Kent would be pleased to consider flexible working arrangements. We are committed to finding the best talent to support our business regardless of location and our systems support effective team working in this environment.
We are committed to our diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. From day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and abilities.