Join us. Unleash your energy within.
If you have world-class ambitions to reach the stars while keeping your feet on the ground, we’re the team for you. We've created a new breed of company – future-focused with reimagined ambition across all disciplines within the energy sector.
We love people who know their potential and are not afraid to use it. We know that together, we’re far more than the sum of our parts. So, we celebrate people who want to grow and develop as we work together on some of the most significant projects on the energy world stage.
Our purpose and beliefs:
As Kent, we’re tackling the greatest challenge of our time - to bring our world the energy it needs most responsibly ever imagined.
It’s the energy of every member of our team driven by our beliefs that is making this happen. Whatever our skill, our language, or our culture. These beliefs define and direct us every day to be the very best - for ourselves, our clients, our key stakeholders, the communities we operate in and the planet:
We PLAY BIG
We thrive on EMOTIONAL AGILITY
We are FANATICAL ABOUT PERFORMANCE
We are built on INFINITE THINKING
Read more about the Purpose, Beliefs and Guiding Principles that drive us: https://kentplc.com/who-we-are/purpose-beliefs.
Our vision for Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging:
We recognize that diversity & inclusion are catalysts for success. We’re heightening awareness of the benefits of people diversity, diversity of experiences and diversity of our perspectives. Creating a culture of inclusivity where all employees feel a sense of belonging.
Our combined energy is fueled by nationalities across six continents and 24 countries. Our commitment is to celebrate character regardless of ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability.
About the job:
The Chief Electrical Engineer will be part of our Kent Houston Offshore Engineering Team involved in the detailed design of electrical systems and specification of electrical equipment for new offshore fixed platform and floating facility projects, and working on designing upgrades and solving challenging problems for our clients’ existing facilities. This position is based in our office in Houston, TX with the possibility of up to 10% international travel.
How will you contribute to the team?
What will you contribute?
- Provide a lead role in the technical development and review of discipline-specific deliverables, including: Specifications & Datasheets; Technical notes/studies; Diagrams (Block, Single Lines, Wiring & Termination, etc.); Equipment Location Plans; Cable schedules and routes; Hazardous Area Drawings; UPS system requirements; Electrical loads; Power system study; Transformers; Switchgear; Motors; Communication Infrastructure (fiber optic, network switches, etc.).
- Lead and perform investigative studies and engineering scopes.
- Support the Procurement Activities for the technical bid evaluation and selection of equipment items, and ongoing vendor liaison including addressing vendor clarifications.
- Work directly with client operating company personnel.
- Uphold professional ethics and standards of conduct.
- Work involves directing research and solving unprecedented technical problems of considerable scope and complexity, the solution of which may have a far-reaching impact on extensive technical activities of the firm.
- Strong persuasive ability, technical writing and communications skills are required at this level, proven through such technical presentations, technical papers and/or participation in technical committees that will demonstrate an advanced state-of-the-art technical expertise.
What we offer at Kent:Kent has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.At Kent, in addition to challenging projects, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in appropriate discipline.
- This level may be achieved by technical professionals with a minimum of 15 years of Oil & Gas Offshore experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Offshore Oil & Gas major project experience is required.
- Professional certification/registration is preferred.
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program