The Low Carbon group delivers Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS), Low Carbon Hydrogen, and Low Carbon Fuels and Chemicals (including those derived from waste materials). Kent is seeking a CCS Technologist as an addition to our team as our workload in CCS increases.
Technologists are directly responsible to the Market Lead for Low Carbon and Onshore Projects, with support from the Engineering Manager and the Head of Process Engineering, for the organisation, production, and quality of the work under their supervision.
Technologists are to be subject matter experts in their field. They shall be responsible for understanding Client requirements for their projects, technology solutions to meet the requirements, technology selection, licensor selection, and development of technology solution through study and project front end.
Their duties include the development of technology selection reports, scope of work, design criteria, staff hour estimates, and schedules for the project. They make technical decisions, direct the activities of other process personnel on the project, coordinate design efforts with all other groups on the job, and maintain the process records for the project. They report progress and ensure compliance with relevant standards and procedures.
Objectives of Job:
- To provide leadership in carbon capture, utilisation and storage technology for client projects:Atmospheric and pressure CO2 capture.
- CO2 treatment and compression.
- CO2 transmission.
- CO2 utilisation.
- CO2 storage.
Main Function within Department:
- Role envisaged for candidate is to be a Technologist on studies and front-end development. The candidate shall:Provide leadership in CCS.
- Keep abreast of latest technology, licensors, industry, and projects.
- Represent SNC-Lavalin in front of customers (including business development support, exploring client opportunities, pre-qualification meetings, bid clarification meetings, project development meetings, and technology evaluation meetings).
- Contribute to business development and proposals.
- Assist in developing a core professional process presence in the UK.
- Act as Lead on studies as assigned, co-ordinating the activities of engineers working on the Process Design for both onshore and offshore installations.
- Ensure technical integrity of work being carried out by team by the use of SNC-Lavalin Integrated Management System, processes, procedures, rules, and standards.
- Manage process engineering team budget, to contribute to planning, and to report on progress throughout studies / projects.
- Implement improvements directed towards showing profitable operation, growth of business and the enhancement of the team’s competence and performance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Role envisaged for candidate is to:Act as a focal point for Carbon Capture, Utilisation, and Storage.
- Lead CCS areas in business development, proposals, studies, and projects.
- Carry out technology and licensor appraisal, enquiries, evaluation, and selection.
- Lead in concept selection of new CCS projects through options evaluation, simulations, optimisations, and design review.
- Identification of changes in work against agreed scope of works.
- Participation in technical meetings with Client, Partners, Licensors, Suppliers, and Sub-Contractors.
- Planning and weekly reporting.
- Control of deliverables from the team.
- Participate as required in Design Reviews and Technical Audits.
- To implement improvements directed towards showing profitable operation, growth of business and the enhancement of the team’s competence and performance.
- Identifying new appropriate technologies applicable to our Client’s operations and environment, evaluate these both technically and commercially, and where appreciable opportunities exist, progress deployment in operations.
- Participate in, or provide input to, normal projects audits / reviews during concept development, design basis, conceptual and detailed design basis.
- Working with other disciplines in the company to ensure all interfaces with other parts of the plant are fully engineered.
- Assisting Senior Management in establishing policies and objectives directed towards ensuring profitable and safe operations, growth of business and the enhancement of the Company's technical competence and performance in Process Engineering.
- The candidate shall be sometimes be responsible for:
- Process Scheme Design including Flow Sheets (BFD, PFD, UFD, PLD, P&ID).
- Modelling, Design calculations, H&MBs.
- Write Bases, Philosophies, Standards, Specifications, and Reports for Projects.
- Create Data Sheets.
- Technical activities involved with requisitioning of technology packages.
- Review technical and commercial proposals for technology packages.
- Assistance during construction and commissioning.
- Key Requirements:BEng, BSc, MEng, or MSc in Chemical Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Candidate shall be a CEng with IChemE or other relevant institution.
- Preferably the candidate shall have site experience of supervising or supporting installation and commissioning of process plants.
Note: In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the jobholder is required to perform other duties assigned by the supervisor/manager from time to time.
- Reports to: Low Carbon and Onshore Projects Market Lead.
- Supervisory Responsibility for: Process Engineers and Designers working on project.
- Co-ordinates with: All intercompany engineering disciplines and project management team.
We are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community - a place where we can all be ourselves, thrive and develop. To help embed inclusion for all, from day one, we offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, and employee networks to support staff from different backgrounds. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures, and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Follow the link below to apply for this role. This link will route you through to the recruitment team at SNC-Lavalin who are currently supporting Kent with hiring activity for an interim period. In August 2021, Kentech acquired the Oil and Gas Business of SNC-Lavalin and this led to the relaunch of our new company, now known as Kent.
Please do not click the ‘Apply Today’ button.